• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Simple article on ASD and another on alexithmia

Alexej

V.I.P Member
I am in the process of telling my family of my suspicions about me being on the ASD spectrum and having alexithymia.

Most of the articles giving an overview of ASD are written with children in mind or are giving a negative view. I am looking for something short, concise (2-4 sides of paper) which gives a fair and balanced view.

What are the good links, for I am sure that they exist?

I can't really recommend you an easy read article off the top of my head, but this video talks a lot about alexithymia and how it relates to autistic empathy in adults.

I can't really recommend you an easy read article off the top of my head, but this video talks a lot about alexithymia and how it relates to autistic empathy in adults.

thank you - helpful on alexithymia -

I am still looking for something about autism in adults that I feel happy to share with my daughters

In what terms? What aspects of autism are you hoping to illustrate beyond alexithymia?

I am looking to give an idea of what it is to live with Autism - which might be informative and helpful fro my daughters. So much of the info I have found is superficial of very focussed on children and their parents.

Alexithymia is one aspect of ASD which seems to be relevant in my case but is not a term that is geneerally known inthe wider world, so some gentle intro seems pertinent.

Does this clarify what I am looking for? THanks for the interest

There's not a lot out there specific to adults but a reasonable amount on YouTube. My channel is specific to adult autism but many others cover personal experiences as adults too. Try Max Derrat on YT for one.

New Threads

Top Bottom