• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Signs of Spring (post them here)

Ishmael

First Chimney Swifts down by the river today.

(If you're in the northern hemisphere, feel free to post signs of spring you see around you – flowering trees, migrating birds, and more.) (And if you're in the southern hemisphere, feel free to post here four or five months from now.) :)

Snowbirds have all gone back north.
Other birds are nesting. And Eagle has been hanging around in the big pines behind the house.
Plants are growing and flowers blooming.
The grass has turned beautifully green.
Flowering tropical trees.
And my pet frogs have all come out of hibernation!
StPete 001.JPG

There are two bird nests next to my window. Fledglings like to chirp a lot... At every hours, from 4 am in the morning until even up to 2 am in the night :rolleyes:

Mockingbird nest at the park already has nestlings in it. (A lot of other birds haven't even arrived yet.)

Last edited:
Mockingbird nest at the park already has nestlings in it. (A lot of other birds haven't even arrived yet.)

I miss mockingbirds. They were dominant where I lived in the Southwest, but I have not seen any up here in the Northwest.

Marsh marigolds. I have some on my property and I picked some of the greens, boiled them in three changes of water every ten minutes for a total cooking time of thirty minutes. They were delicious with a pat of butter, cracked pepper, a pinch of sea salt and a dash of cider vinegar.

mm1.jpg

Canada Geese down on the river today (instead of just flying over). That means they're settling in.

I saw a lot of cranes, at least 50 of them. That's a sure sign of spring.

And it's amazing how big an effect spring can have on people, the sun and everything. The first half of this day was windy and a little cold and grey. And I felt sluggish and not motivated at all. But then in the afternoon the sun suddenly appeard and the wind got warmer. I could feel the change physically and mentally, just 30 minutes after the sun appeard I felt much better. 🥳

New Threads

Top Bottom