• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

should of keep my mouth shut

Maria6681

Morning
I got a call from social services say they had a call from adult social services saying that they was worried about my situation. So now I am so scared that they might get involved. I had them in and out my hol life. I have had my boys took off me 2 times. I couldn't handle that again. I don't need help with looking after my boys they are not in danger i always do the best I can with my boys I do everything I can they r look after well.....I am so angry with myself for trying to get the help I need and just accept that my life is not going to change. When will I learn my lesson

Maria6681, I am so sorry for your struggles. I know it must be disheartening and terrifying at the same time. I can't offer much but I can pray for you, that you can get the help you need without losing anything precious in the process.

:) :( :)

That is tough and so unfair, but that is what is so scary about this life is just because something is unfair, too bad!

We always have this idea, don't we, that the goal we are setting out for is pretty straight forward, but what we forget is that others think on their terms and so, sadly, they have documentation regarding you and are drawing conclusions.

Is there anyone who can be an advocate for you? Because social workers really do pry on the mind of ones that are not self assured!

I got a call from social services say they had a call from adult social services saying that they was worried about my situation. So now I am so scared that they might get involved. I had them in and out my hol life. I have had my boys took off me 2 times. I couldn't handle that again. I don't need help with looking after my boys they are not in danger i always do the best I can with my boys I do everything I can they r look after well.....I am so angry with myself for trying to get the help I need and just accept that my life is not going to change. When will I learn my lesson
hi maria,from my experience with SS [though from 18th birthday and the learning disability team whilst non verbal and significantly severely autistic],i think you should comply with them,just be honest- they will be quicker to listen to you and your needs,if you ignore them or act in any way agressive/combative with them they may fear something is wrong and put safe guarding measures in place.
but the SS childrens team just want to help keep you and your children together,they actually prefer that than taking the child away they understand its a huge upheaval to the child as well as the mother/father.

i do think you need an advocate really,as you could do with an independant professionals voice to help express your side.
im not sure how you personally could go about getting one but your best bet is probably to ring the SS and ask for referral to an advocate,ive had learning disability advocates before and im in process of applying for them again,but its a bit different for me as i will be going through manchester mencap/better things.

Maria its streetwise contact a lawcentre /attorney now if you can for people with disabilities !you need someone who is an nt .
Don't let them mess you around
They'll get at shock that aspies can survive
Gather together all your records and payment plans /paid bills make them feel disorganised
I had the same problem with the RSPCA (animal inspector /rescue charity )very judgemental
Even after I'd sat with my injured cat and the RSPCA didn't come to help until the next day !!the cat could have died!- hypocrites

SS scare the crap out of me too.

When I had PND after my first baby was born I went to my HV to get advice and admitted to her that at some points I'd wanted to shake my baby (I never did).

She had to call SS because of the nature of what I had said... They came to see me, asked some questions and left... They then decided I wasn't a risk and I was discharged from SS.

I know its a different situation, but all I'm saying is as terrifying as it is, be honest, and be compliant. The more you push them, the more likely they are to feel there is something there to be worried about.

Good luck

I have very little to contribute to this discussion since I have no experience with social services, etc. But the advice to comply, to be calm, and to show records, etc. seem good. Not giving others a chance to escalate things is probably best.

My heart goes out to you, Maria6681.

2 years I was very honest with them and and my doctor told social services that he did not believe that my kids was not at risk and it was that I needed help 2 weeks later they come and said that they believe that I could not look after my boys probably and had a court order and took them... so no I don't trust them

2 years I was very honest with them and and my doctor told social services that he did not believe that my kids was not at risk and it was that I needed help 2 weeks later they come and said that they believe that I could not look after my boys probably and had a court order and took them... so no I don't trust them
:(

New Threads

Top Bottom