• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I unmatch on the app?

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
I dated a person 4 times. We have quite a bit in common-openness to food, board games, video games maybe, interactive fiction video games, escape rooms.
We haven't done anything physical- not even kissing. Face touching at the most. I mentioned it on our 4th date and that I understood we haven't always been in situations to engage physically. It didn't seem to be a big deal with him. He said he was still interested but wasn't sure about things. I told him I was still interested to, but that I'd start looking around.

He "doesn't seem to know" what he wants now on his profile. I think he wanted ltr initially in general. I asked him about fwb and he said it was "forward" of me and that he wanted to meet with me after he was done dealing with deadlines and work. Feels like he's afraid to hurt and to say "no" directly.

While I don't feel he's lying about him being so busy, it feels kind of like it's a cover too.
Should I just unmatch him on the app at this point, but keep in touch with him as a friend? I'm not sure.

His lack of initiation and the lack of physicality for me at this point is very unsexy for me.
But I do feel comfortable with him as a good, platonic friend, and he has indicated the same several times.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. Maybe it's best to see if he reaches out after his work stuff and a friendship develops?

A friendship has definitely developed. Communication is consistently quality except for answers regarding physicality. I understand taking your time, but that "time" has now passed for me with it being more than 2 months since we first talked online.

He might not reach out, but I guess that means I put most of my focus on other people. I could wait until the school year ends and then unmatch mid-January or end of January. It feels awkward to wait that long, and every day I'm matched with him on the dating app, I'm thinking about my desire to want to be physical with him in addition to the emotions of hanging out and being around him socially.

I thought his statement about work and deadlines was his way of expressing lack of interest. Like maybe he'd get in touch again if he did want to and figured out what he wanted, which seemed more likely as a friend.

Is there a benefit to not un-matching now?

Relationships beyond platonic are alien to me. My basic understanding is relationships need to be 100/100, not 50/50. Hopefully OP, you don’t have invasive parents that interview your date whenever you go out to do something.

I thought his statement about work and deadlines was his way of expressing lack of interest. Like maybe he'd get in touch again if he did want to and figured out what he wanted, which seemed more likely as a friend.

Is there a benefit to not un-matching now?
The benefit to not unmatching now is the minute chance that he really does want to be physically intimate with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom