• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I start using Grindr?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
I feel like I'm too ugly, but recently I've had a lot of people tell me I'm not. I've had the app installed for months but have yet to open it. Should I use it now?

Ha!!! You have such a funny and cool way of writing. You could be the next Chuck Palahniuk.

Does anyone in the world - except maybe me - look on the internet the same as they do in real life?

Personally, I wouldn't use an online social app to meet people regardless of how I thought I looked. I would look for groups that shared a common interest with me and go from there. At least I'd have be confident of having something to talk about.

I agree that this sounds like an opportunity to explore and see if the app suits you.

Also, beauty is truly subjective. What is beautiful to one person may not be beautiful to the next.

NO! Never ever use that horrible app! They will ban you for literally nothing. I hate Grindr and refuse to use it and don’t recommend it to anyone. That awful company should be shut down now!

Thing is that there are other ugly people out there who are looking for new special friends as well, so it's actually a pretty large pool.

Wrong guy to ask about the online dating and all that. Yoga class, church, volunteer opportunities, community events, fundraisers are all good places to meet women, bars just are not. Except wine bars, that's where the yoga instructor goes to tipple.

The best way is to make friends with a woman, whom you like and respect, and then ask her for help,in meeting and talking to new people.

Me, I'm into character. And attitude. Most of the really naughty stuff happens in dim lights anyways, I only want people in my bed I can be proud of. Seriously the referral from another woman is like a golden ticket

Grindr is a rough app to start off with. I would recommend maybe Growlr and definitely start off with Big City for you.

New Threads

Top Bottom