• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I re add?

SunnyDay16

Yesterday a guy and I were talking in a chatroom. He was complimenting me lots and saying stuff like, "My wish is to make you smile." He then wanted us to cam and said that we could be best friends. I should be flattered by this, but I couldn't help but feel creeped out since I just met the guy and he was already being really...mushy I guess is the word. I removed him from skype since I just had bad gut feelings about this and didn't really want to pursue a friendship with him. I feel like a jerk since I did tell him I could cam today, but I was only really doing that to be nice, not because I really wanted to. He was a nice guy and all but I just didn't feel right about it.

Am I just overthinking this all too much?

I too struggle with boundaries but I'm learning to trust my gut.
Do not re-add. Trust your instincts. You know you are right.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 1.52.45 pm.png

I got creeped out just reading about it. Going with your gut was the right call. Being too aggressive too quickly without waiting for signs and permission from you to move things ahead is a very troubling behavior.

Incredibly creepy behavior. You made the right call. As a general rule I'd say anyone that's overly friendly or pushy about camming within a day of "meeting" you online should probably be avoided.

Absolutely right thing to do. Because online, many feel a sense of unreality and thus, there are no bounderies, which are dangerous.

A large number of people in online chat rooms aren't what they appear to be and a few may even be dangerous, it's a difficult place to meet genuine people and you are right to use caution. He may or may not be reasonable, but he does sound pushy and overconfident which isn't a good sign, for all you know he could have numerous women on the go at once where he pretends to every single one that they're special and the only one, or worse he could be older than he first portrays and someone who targets who he sees as vulnerable teenagers. I could of course be totally wrong about him and I maybe wrongfully condemning a really nice genuine person, but you do have to be extremely careful as it's often very difficult to tell.

Last edited:
In my online experience, genuine people tend to be more cautious, like yourself. Someone being nice on the surface doesn't mean they have your best interests at heart. And online, it's very easy to be nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom