• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I change my room around?

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I know I am sort of answering the question in the title by saying this but my room is a reflection of my mental state. Should I change some things about it? I have to sleep soon so I will get back to this later.

Right away I'll just preemptively ask the question that others are likely to have: What is the room currently like? We havent seen it. You could always take a photo and show it if you want some detailed advice.

After all, restructuring the stuff in a room is a very "practical" sort of thing, it's hard to give advice without enough info.

Had it done recently to my room, it was quite the process, that's for sure.

Put the sorts of things near each other. A couple of clothes corners. A food half of the room.

The stationery / office portion. The audio area.

I have hardly any ornaments, I choose bright (but plain) functional objects, as well as "wood" effects and a lot of things I found serendipitously with green highlights.

It will take a while. I learned to trust most things to come looking for me, quite a lot, then I go looking for a few more occasionally.

I hung onto loads of free standing shelves (but screw in ones are good if you're allowed). When I reorganised and some were redundant, I got rid of the tattiest and kept those I can't get again / rarest.

My motto regarding shelves is: "Go up the walls to save going up the wall".

I don't cram them, two thirds full is the limit in each.

Right away I'll just preemptively ask the question that others are likely to have: What is the room currently like? We havent seen it. You could always take a photo and show it if you want some detailed advice.

After all, restructuring the stuff in a room is a very "practical" sort of thing, it's hard to give advice without enough info.

Had it done recently to my room, it was quite the process, that's for sure.

Here’s a photo from the doorway. I can take more later after I get off work:
131409731_4170611229621517_8644520619708219301_o.jpg

Put the sorts of things near each other. A couple of clothes corners. A food half of the room.

The stationery / office portion. The audio area.

I have hardly any ornaments, I choose bright (but plain) functional objects, as well as "wood" effects and a lot of things I found serendipitously with green highlights.

It will take a while. I learned to trust most things to come looking for me, quite a lot, then I go looking for a few more occasionally.

I hung onto loads of free standing shelves (but screw in ones are good if you're allowed). When I reorganised and some were redundant, I got rid of the tattiest and kept those I can't get again / rarest.

My motto regarding shelves is: "Go up the walls to save going up the wall".

I don't cram them, two thirds full is the limit in each.

I should probably take a day or night to clean up around my room as well as my closet.

Last edited:
Here’s a photo from the doorway. I can take more later after I get off work:
131409731_4170611229621517_8644520619708219301_o.jpg

I should probably take a day or night to clean up around my room as well as my closet.
Wow! That is a beautiful and spacious room. I LOVE the shades that block out all the light. I have the exact same ones in my room. Autism-Friendly-Shades for sure.

I think organizing your room, if you think you need to organize anything, can be a good start if you don't want to completely restructure it. It'll also probably just in general make you feel a bit more accomplished, which is a plus.

Btw, nice room. lol I like your posters.

I think organizing your room, if you think you need to organize anything, can be a good start if you don't want to completely restructure it. It'll also probably just in general make you feel a bit more accomplished, which is a plus.

Btw, nice room. lol I like your posters.

Thank you. I took some more photos.

131537090_4171516006197706_8666785867388690419_o.jpg

131624551_4171515959531044_3858152222055608486_o.jpg

131418116_4171515992864374_6261344673837450655_o.jpg

131570353_4171521926197114_1245986602466593044_o.jpg

You should maybe start by clearing the rubbish up and putting the clothes you’ve thrown on your floordrobe in the wash.

Used clothes and what looks like old food stuff will make your room smell bad over time, especially as it doesn’t look like you have any ventilation as the windows are perhaps shut behind those blinds.

Lack of air flow and keeping the daylight out of your room will also encourage mould spores to start growing on your external walls, in corners, and behind furniture too. If you breath mould spores in they will flourish in your lungs.

As a Mom on the forum, here is my advice: Do what you like with your room. Just make sure it's clean tonight before dinner.

I know I am sort of answering the question in the title by saying this but my room is a reflection of my mental state. Should I change some things about it? I have to sleep soon so I will get back to this later.
LOL! My room is chaos and confusion.

sure change your room if it makes you happy do thing that make you happy i wish you a verry happy day

New Threads

Top Bottom