• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sharing Claritan emails.

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I have been expanding my prayer group a lot this summer, adding a few new features to my site including a newsletter. I want Claritas to develop more into a full-blown community, by and for Autistic people, and one thing I’m thinking of doing is sharing emails to help us connect with each other; Claritans can email me (using my site’s email address) and clearly and explicitly state that they want to share emails and I can in turn, share their addresses with other Claritans who say they want to do the same. Of course, there is a whole host of risks and issues involved in this, and that’s why I’m starting this thread, what are the risks involved in doing something like this? Is there any legality involved? Would it be enough to say “I’m not responsible for the things shared between emails?”

What should I look out for and how should I go about doing this?

I should add that I haven’t memorized any email addresses of the Claritans or Autistic people who have contacted me via my site’s email address; I have been relatively good at being confidential with things. (Albeit, as implied above, there hasn’t been much connection between myself and other Claritans thus far, hence why I want to develop this more into a community.)

I would think that if they're giving you permission to do so, you should be in the clear. Also, unless they're writing something libelous about somebody else, there should be little to no conflict unless somebody poses as someone who they aren't (or spoofs an email), but I'm guessing you can see IP addresses on your site and lookout for those pitfalls.

Unless people are doing something super shady, your odds of running into problems are slim-to-none imo. And even in that event, you'd have all the proof you'd need that they were indeed sent to you and you weren't in the wrong. I think you're pretty much protected by that alone

I have been expanding my prayer group a lot this summer, adding a few new features to my site including a newsletter. I want Claritas to develop more into a full-blown community, by and for Autistic people, and one thing I’m thinking of doing is sharing emails to help us connect with each other; Claritans can email me (using my site’s email address) and clearly and explicitly state that they want to share emails and I can in turn, share their addresses with other Claritans who say they want to do the same. Of course, there is a whole host of risks and issues involved in this, and that’s why I’m starting this thread, what are the risks involved in doing something like this? Is there any legality involved? Would it be enough to say “I’m not responsible for the things shared between emails?”

What should I look out for and how should I go about doing this?

I should add that I haven’t memorized any email addresses of the Claritans or Autistic people who have contacted me via my site’s email address; I have been relatively good at being confidential with things. (Albeit, as implied above, there hasn’t been much connection between myself and other Claritans thus far, hence why I want to develop this more into a community.)
Sounds interesting. I googled Claritan and nothing showed up except allergy medication. What is a Claritan?

New Threads

Top Bottom