• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reu

One of my special interests is video games. I don’t talk about it with most people my age because I get weird reactions to being dismissed or asked if I think I’m too old for video games. Anyway, I’m really looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It comes out Friday but I preordered it and get to play it Wednesday. Anyone else looking forward to this game?

I am! Will likely get it on my PC if Benchmark videos suffice; if not then I'll get it on my Xbox; have Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider on both; a bit tiring that all 3 games revolve around immortality as the plot device though, but other than that I love em

I've yet to play any of the reboots! I got the first Tomb Raider from my humble bundle subscription and it's installed, waiting. I really did enjoy Uncharted on the PS3, I'm hoping it's a lot like that?

One of my special interests is video games. I don’t talk about it with most people my age because I get weird reactions to being dismissed or asked if I think I’m too old for video games.

I would just like to say: Ignore anyone who does this. Those people are just stuck in the past. It's been a LONG time since the days when games were considered to be "for kids".

If you look around, I think you'll find that whatever your age is... there's plenty of others of the same age who are also into gaming just as much as you are. It's just a matter of finding the right places to look.

One of my special interests is video games. I don’t talk about it with most people my age because I get weird reactions to being dismissed or asked if I think I’m too old for video games.
If you're not too old for books, films or music, you're not too old for video games. Video games are just another piece of media, but actually more ambitious than many older varieties in how they tell a story.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It comes out Friday but I preordered it and get to play it Wednesday. Anyone else looking forward to this game?
I haven't had a chance to play these games yet (I haven't owned a modern console/computer fit for gaming for years) but my friend is really excited about it and it looks fun! I'm finally getting a PS4 on this week, so maybe I'll be able to play it too.

I am! Will likely get it on my PC if Benchmark videos suffice; if not then I'll get it on my Xbox; have Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider on both; a bit tiring that all 3 games revolve around immortality as the plot device though, but other than that I love em

I see what you’re saying about the plots, although I don’t feel like the first was so much about immortality. What I wish this new one does is take the settings to more locales like the older games.

I'm in my late 40s and still an avid gamer, likely always will be. When I eventually retire I expect to while away my hours playing all the (by then) retro console exclusives that are currently triple A games on second hand consoles. PC gamer these days. Out of date with Tomb Raider though - haven't played any since PS1 in the 90s.

I'm in my late 40s and still an avid gamer, likely always will be. When I eventually retire I expect to while away my hours playing all the (by then) retro console exclusives that are currently triple A games on second hand consoles. PC gamer these days. Out of date with Tomb Raider though - haven't played any since PS1 in the 90s.

The last Tomb Raider game I played was on the PC back when the first one originally came out, this was back when I had a PC that would run games.

Now I do all my gaming on Xbox One.

I don't think anyone is too old to be playing games. As long as you enjoy doing something, keep doing it. I preordered Shadow of the Tomb Raider for the Xbox One a couple of months ago and should be getting the game in about a week. I look forward to playing it. I played the last two Tomb Raiders that were released and they were pretty fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom