• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Severe depression coming from nowhere.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Life is actually good for me these days.

Yet I woke up this morning feeling a wave of depression of a depth that I had not experienced in almost a decade. It hit me out of nowhere at all. I felt like crying and melting down when I was at the office today, even though I knew I had no real reason to feel that way at all.

In any case, I am now waiting to hear back from my doctor, who should be calling me before this day is over. A part of it could be a new medication i was prescribed last week for my gout symptoms.

I feel like breaking my diet by having chips and ice cream for lunch, but I know I would regret that later.

I go through that a bunch myself. It almost always comes out of nowhere. Just one day I wake up and it feels like I'm in a black hole..The last major episode lasted 3 months.

I know how you feel. The good thing is, usually as long as you don't do anything drastic, it lifts as suddenly as it descends.

I hope it lifts for you soon.

It's often the weather, or lack of oh dopamine or something. Usually passes in a day or two, so I just put up with it.

May as well give an update.

I have an appointment with my doctor in a week and a half from now. He does not think it is the gout medication causing this. He does think that my body might have gotten too used to taking exactly the same antidepressant medication for the last five years, though.

This sounds tough. It sounds quite 'chemical' like somethings gone out of balance. Sounds like the doctors got an idea what to do though.

As much as you can, rest and relax, plus get some fresh air, if possible. Ice creams not too bad, lay off the chips! Theres probably some great new anti depressants out since 5 years ago. Hope this soon lifts.

This sounds tough. It sounds quite 'chemical' like somethings gone out of balance. Sounds like the doctors got an idea what to do though.

As much as you can, rest and relax, plus get some fresh air, if possible. Ice creams not too bad, lay off the chips! Theres probably some great new anti depressants out since 5 years ago. Hope this soon lifts.

It is only during times like this that my body craves tortilla chips and queso dip. Or nachos. I could claim that since corn is a vegetable, this is health food.

The most reliable source of healing is Jesus. He's a healer. He healed me. He can heal you. It's interesting that something so wonderful can be so hard to accept but I completely understand, it was ridiculously difficult to get me to pay attention.

There is such a thing as Prozac poop-out. I imagine the same thing would be true of any antidepressant, particularly SSRIs. Your body gets so good at breaking the chemical down it doesn't stay around long enough to do much good. Upping the dose doesn't necessarily fix it.

9 Things to Consider When Your Antidepressant Poops Out | Everyday Health

This is a useful article, lots of ideas. I guess your antidepressants could have pooped out, like yr docs saying.

Your stress will have been high too, with the move, on top of all this pandemic upset, and disruption to social lives.

Hang in there, this can be sorted out.

It also might be worth mentioning that I spent the last three weeks in a state of fiscal irresponsibility. On top of having an Aspergers diagnosis, I also have a bipolar type II diagnosis. I think I might have been in a state of low key mania and that might have ended up crashing pretty hard yesterday.

In any case, I feel like blaming my genetics, as stuff like this is ridiculously common in my biological father’s side of the family.

I just had a great Easter meal with a couple of friends. Now I am back home, and all I feel like doing is crawling into bed and crying for several hours, which will most likely not help a thing in this case.

Neither will buying any beer or weed. I have to face this without unprescribed chemical distractions.

Depression friggin’ sucks.

Sorry you are feeling so low, that's very tough. Not long now until you see the doc and decide how to tackle this, probably with new antidepressants I guess. It's great that you got a meal with friends. Where I am it's just snowed! On Easter Monday... Hope you wake up feeling rested at least.

A few things that it could be:

How is your diet? Are you dehydrated? Both of these things can sneak up on you and mess with your head before you realize that you're not giving your body what it needs.

Are you getting sick? This is a huge one for me. My mental state goes to crap a day or two before I get sick...for some reason, though, I never recognize it as a symptom until I actually get sick (you'd think I'd make the connection sooner after its happened so many times but nope! lol).

I can't speak to medications because I have no experience there, but it looks like other posters have that covered.

Are you getting sick? This is a huge one for me. My mental state goes to crap a day or two before I get sick...for some reason, though, I never recognize it as a symptom until I actually get sick (you'd think I'd make the connection sooner after its happened so many times but nope! lol).

That's so weird, I have this exact problem but I've never heard anyone else describe it before!!

Well, I hope you don’t break down and have ice cream, but if you do please have some for me too! I love it, it hates my stomach. Gosh I miss Ice Cream!
Hope you feel better my friend, I agree with the others regarding diets, food can be your medicine IMHO. I’ve read where lack of B vitamins can do some wicked things to folks, but I’m not a doctor or anything just like to read a lot. Medical books, kinda my weird stim I reckon.

New Threads

Top Bottom