• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Set your intention

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
There is no one here, not for ever, not for miles, its just me, the spooky old house and the cat.
So here is my thought, since i have no one to talk to i will talk here. This place is for what we might intend to do today. I will start.

Today i will do 3 loads of laundry, and clean the bathroom.

Just finished my lunch which was rice pops & milk. This afternoon, shall take nap, after that shall e-mail a couple I know & tell them they are "greats" for things they've done.

I don't need a Cat and there are other apartments etc around (and sunshine) but "everyone" is keeping to themselves as well.

l have horribly mindless chores to do today including one which l have no desire to do because it involves going to a shopping center. Curling up in my bed as a mindless blob sounds perfect for some reason, l need to contemplate my devoid life of nothingness and bath in the beauty of a minimalist existence if only in theory because relaxation is supreme in my utopia. l did pay a bill today, so l did earn brownie points.

Last edited:
Went out shopping for hiking boots yesterday, I bought red ones. My old ones are leaking and I can't keep lining them with plastic, it takes a great deal of energy for me to shop for anything other than groceries.

I've not been in anything other than a grocery store for a year and a half. They asked for my phone number at the cash, I said no, they asked again, I said no.

This morning I'll shovel snow, as overnight ten centimeters fell, it's the airy, fluffy kind, so it will be quickly done. Was going to take a trip to buy bulk spices today, but I'll wait until later in the week.

Discovered free yoga classes as well as other exercise programs on a usually pay per view television channel. So I'll do one or two of them today. Have already done one, but I have to mute their voices as they talk the entire time. It's nice not to exercise alone.

Last edited:
I made salad with lettuce and avocadoes and finished the leftovers from yesterday. Now i am watching a tv show while considering whether i should make coffee. I have been suffering from insomnia for a few days so i am not sure it is a good idea

I am absolutely going for a walk again today now that the extreme cold warning has gone!!! It's still cold, but manageable if you dress for it. Hard to believe they're saying the end of the week will have melting temperatures! One more month we should start to see Spring!!!

Today I'll get to check out the Little Free Libraries in the other direction from yesterday. :D Start to get a grasp on what's been going on while we were all sunk into a deep freeze! No plans to go into stores today. (unlike yesterday, I had to pick something up, and then investigated the used bookstore nearby just 'cause I needed to for the mental stimulation. - It's usually pretty safe, unlike some of the bigger stores, where you have to worry more these days.)

Beyond that, no idea. I'll figure it out when I get home. Probably come back on here, as I can't seem to resist checking to see what's going on, even if I'm too tired to get involved mentally.:p

Leftovers for supper so I won't have to cook.

Walked the dog.
Went to work.
Came home. Scrubbed the kitchen.
Made dinner.
Walked the dog.
I've just sat down with a cup of tea and logged in.

Tomorrow, it's my intention to only do what I fancy doing.

Chased up lawnmowing company and finally got it done today. Had months of things not happening when they should, not being delivered, businesses not responding but it seems to have lifted finally. Did some grocery shopping. Weather is stifling heat, so can't do much in the day but hang at home. Need to look for a new ISP.

I went for an 8 mile walk today, the snows all melted where it was really thick last week wow. Saw sheep and deer and some horses. That's about all I had time for, with meals and reading factored in. I did some research and thinking for a writing project this morning. And I watched some TV, a couple of hours around teatime.

I brushed my hair and teeth and got dressed today. That's more than I often do! I'm trying to accept the advice to maintain a routine. I made a nice breakfast for my husband and he really appreciated it.

I have the aspie routine thing so every single minute of my day is planned, beginning at 6am. I am glad I factored in this forum :) "Down time"

I have the aspie routine thing so every single minute of my day is planned, beginning at 6am. I am glad I factored in this forum :) "Down time"
Did you always do extreme time blocking? Rigid schedules, short blocks of time , everything in order, etc?

Is it hard to learn to do? My friend tried to. Teach me it , but i lost the chart, forgot about it, then found it again, then used it as a journal, and for art. I am a little confused alot of the time. I had a avalanche of paper and books here, just last week. The latest policy on table space was to build ,buy or retask a table when the last one gets filled up. Now there are only 5 tables. Does the rigid scedule actually help?

I keep a rigid schedule also. It keeps me going.
The only time I deviate from it is when I have a scheduled appointment like for a doctor or when
I have to go to the store.

My days are blocked out in set hours for sleep, eating, housework, TV, personal care, and computer time.
I would feel confused if each day began with making a plan for the day when I get up.
I plan for the needed shopping or appointments days ahead of time and what I might accomplish
while out if there are other things in the area I will be going to that I need to do.

Today I had to go to the drugstore and I just wanted some quiet time to myself with no thought
of what needed to be done for a few hours. It isn't easy to find an outdoor quiet place mostly to yourself
where I live in a city. But, there is one not far from where I was at that I go to sometimes when I
want away from people. A huge cemetary.
May sound weird, but, it is quiet, pretty wood like setting, I walk and browse names on tombstones
and crypts. See flowers. It has a lake with benches. Peaceful.
And if I am surrounded by anyone, it would only be spirits.

I plan to watch the new kdrama until i sleep. Tomorrow i will mop the floors, study japanese, watch some anime with japanese subtitles and the korean drama.

Apparently I am not going walking today. Checking this place out instead, and... not sure yet. Just opened the kitchen curtain so I can get rainbows now that we're in the part of winter that they are prominent again.

Apparently I am not going walking today. Checking this place out instead, and... not sure yet. Just opened the kitchen curtain so I can get rainbows now that we're in the part of winter that they are prominent again.

I've been wanting to start walking too but this week has been super cold, so i am waiting for next week.

Starting next week, 1 hour of walks daily.

Part of me feels like I should be out walking now that the deep freeze has let up, even though it still is rather cold. but by Friday it's supposed to be melting temperatures! Part of me seems to just be too tired. After almost 2 weeks of not being able to go out, I need to build up my endurance again, it seems. Normally I'm out 1 1/2 -2 hours. (was more pre COVID, when I could also go shopping and browse libraries without worrying). It's my main occupation for the day, typically.

New Threads

Top Bottom