• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Set up my trampoline

WereBear

License to Weird
V.I.P Member
My brother put my rebounder together for me, and I bounced for ten minutes. It was highly enjoyable! In fact I was surprised how it made me feel better at the end of a day where I was feeling not too good.

It is 40 inches across and supported with bungies, so it is also quiet and stable.

It is all part of sensory support, and while one of these days I would love to have a swing, I am very happy with this. It is stable, I bounce and “walk” without letting my feet leave the surface, and so my husband’s worries about me bouncing off it into the wall or something should be alleviated.

Considering what a cold and messy winter we have been having, it should be an excellent way for me to have some exercise, too.

A happy thing to have. :) And very good that it is quiet. I have one of my bikes on a stand so that in winter I can exercise indoors. I like it very much. But it is very loud, necessitating earphones to be worn.

I have a stationary bike (its old and loud), a treadmill (its old and loud and its a torture device at times) and a free weight bench that aches to make me scream for help to get the weights off of me.

ALL are looking at me with eyes of disgust, and judgement right now...
Can we talk about something else... (clearing throat)

A trampoline sounds cool... I would have to watch out for the ceiling fan...
Chance gets malled by fan... Cool new story... : )

A trampoline sounds cool... I would have to watch out for the ceiling fan...
Chance gets malled by fan... Cool new story... : )

Could be worse.

Bounce happens. Oops. :p

giphy.gif

Jealous! Trampolines are fun, and I find them soothing too. I saw a mini trampoline for $30 at Walmart, almost bought it, but I don't know if I trust a $30 trampoline.

I got one. They are very cool!

For some reason this thread was a deja vu.

Nvm I just found the old thread!

So I guess we are living in a parallel universe, and a in parallel thread... Thats like double cool...
If thats even possible : )

Yes. It took me this long to get it put together!

By which I mean, it has all these cords that have to be strung around it, and one of my issues is low hand strength (excess of cortisol) so it was great to have my handy brother do it. My husband, likewise, has not been up to putting it together.

Not difficult for someone who is in decent shape. Which I am not.

Yes. It took me this long to get it put together!
By which I mean, it has all these cords that have to be strung around it, and one of my issues is low hand strength (excess of cortisol) so it was great to have my handy brother do it. My husband, likewise, has not been up to putting it together.

Not difficult for someone who is in decent shape. Which I am not.
It took me this long to understand what you were saying!!! Haha I was lost in translation!!! :D

It took me this long to understand what you were saying!!! Haha I was lost in translation!!! :D

So was I!

Bounced again last night, and soon certain muscles started complaining, so I stopped. But it illustrates that this really is exercise, even though it looks so easy. Getting more and more fond of it all the time.

I didn't see it at first... now I have to settle myself down. Thats funny!!! Of course as long as no one was injured in the process... : )
you have to watch the clip in the Moneypit(1986)(US) where Tom hanks falls through the floor .

New Threads

Top Bottom