• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seriously likeable

NDR2

Wow! I was just awarded the Seriously Likeable trophy. That’s really great. Thanks! I’m very flattered.

I wish I could be seriously likeable in regular life.

Being likable is greatly overrated. Just joking. But your beanie and membership plaque will be arriving shortly in the mail. Please reply by text if you wish the gilded frame for your certificate or the exclusive bed plush throw for yourself.

Congrats by the way.:)

Last edited:
Wow! I was just awarded the Seriously Likeable trophy. That’s really great. Thanks! I’m very flattered.

I wish I could be seriously likeable in regular life.
What do you mean?
This is regular life!

l am hoping for seriously demented trophy. If you can't win one way, try another way.

I mean I wish people in person would find me seriously likeable.
I suspect they do find you seriously likeable.
But, as we all know, communications between NT's and ND's are sometimes rather weak.
NT's often think I'm criticizing, when I'm really complimenting and vice versa.

Maybe some do and they just don’t show it in a sensible/clear way.

It seems I’m always the one initiating things. Other people often don’t make the first move or just reach out to me.

My mother says I’m good looking. Old psychological reports described me as an “attractive” child. But there haven’t been any cases of females flocking to me.

It seems I’m always the one initiating things. Other people often don’t make the first move or just reach out to me.
I feel the same way too, but someone initiating things is not the only way for them to think that you are pretty great. Maybe people that you tend to be interested in, ones that you would want to reach out to you, are shy ones who don’t really know how to do that. In essence, it says more about the kind of person you are interested in, than the kind of person that you are.

My mother says I’m good looking
Many mothers do say that :blush:

Old psychological reports described me as an “attractive” child.
These reports are admittedly old, and it makes no sense to measure attractiveness with reports. I am absolutely not refuting the fact that you are attractive, rather, just wondering if you should use these measures as determining your attractiveness as something valuable about you. I have never seen you, but I am already positive that you are attractive to some people, and possibly unattractive to others. Attractiveness has been entirely subjective in my opinion, unmeasurable by any standard means. Surely, there are other seriously likable things about you – your personality, your quirks, your interests, even your faults can be likable in a way to some people.

But there haven’t been any cases of females flocking to me
I understand, although I am a woman, and it would be men that I would want to be flocking toward me… Actually, no, that sounds horrible! Do any of us want people flocking toward us? No, this does not sound nice, and I think very rarely does anyone actually have this. From peoples’ experiences here on the forum, it sounds like finding a partner was most often a very active approach that involved a good deal of pushing boundaries, tempting rejection, and feeling insecure.

I offer these points, not to tear you down, but
to support of the idea that you are indeed, seriously likeable in real life, digital life, wherever you go.

But there haven’t been any cases of females flocking to me.
You're funny, you know that?

(BTW, that's a compliment--and it's probably a good thing, too, that they don't flock to you! It says you're not a jock, probably are rather smart, and have some sense of character and value. My guess is you're still in high school? Don't worry too much about the girls for another year or two. Wait 'till college, then you'll find their opinion of you will change.)

I mean I wish people in person would find me seriously likeable.

Beware of what you wish for....

I always made friends easily, often too easily. The trouble is that I don't cope very well with lots of friends.

And a common trend that I was told about often, a lot of people admired my old fashioned sense of honour, trust and honesty.

If there is no #1 potato trophy in it for me, I don’t even want to be on these forums anymore.

If there is no #1 potato trophy in it for me, I don’t even want to be on these forums anymore.
1665066812411.png

New Threads

Top Bottom