• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sent sister physical evidence

Pats

V.I.P Member
I had an MRI of brain because of increased headaches, pressure and other symptoms - visual, weakness and balance, and other stuff. Any time I got for a test like this, I always get a dvd copy for myself. So yesterday, my doctor's office called wanting to schedule an appointment with a neurosurgeon for a pineal gland cyst, which, after looking it up, would not cause all the symptoms I'm having. Speaking with the nurse I asked her to send me a copy of the written results, so she did. Looking at that, and the other findings, there is fluid where I thought I had seen fluid, which is causing the pressure - location exactly where I feel the pressure. Also, another finding is ectopia where the brain stem and brain connect which will cause all the symptoms I expressed and goes along with all my neck issues. I really need to consider finding a new doctor, but I like her.

Anyhow, I found an image comparing a normal brain to 2 different types autistic brains:
genetic-autism-mri-neurosciencenewws.jpg

My MRI pictures look exactly like the bottom one. So I sent the comparison to my sister. If that doesn't convince her, I guess, nothing will.

My God, your brain IS retarded! No, just kidding.

It's a little bit like phrenology to me, I don't find these things conclusive about autism and anything can be photoshopped. Control head definitely has more bumps and bottom head has a dent in the back.

If you have headaches and balance problems that's another matter.

Mine is also closer to the 2nd case but no one told me anything was wrong, I also found the same things as you when I did it, I think we find the same source.

All you have left now is to do the gene test LOL, save some money xD

What or why is it in your sister's interest to discount your autism dx? It's not like we run around bragging about it. I haven't met anybody yet who brags about it.

What or why is it in your sister's interest to discount your autism dx? It's not like we run around bragging about it. I haven't met anybody yet who brags about it.

Sometimes people think you’re just making up excuses for the way you are. They don’t believe you’re autistic. They lack humility and imagination when it comes to other people’s lives and experiences. If you aren’t like them, if you don’t behave the way they do, then it’s only because you’re too lazy to pull yourself together and be “normal.”

One of the causes of a build-up of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain is some sort of an obstruction that prevents proper fluid drainage. Maybe the cyst is part of that blockage, and removing it (no small matter) might help. There may be other things involved that are causing it that there is no solution or discovery for at the moment. But removing some of the fluid might be helpful to you. I'm certain you know, that the approach with doctor's is to deal with one symptom at at time. Not all of them tend to look at the whole picture.

Last edited:
It's frustrating talking to her sometimes with those constant "I don't believe you, you're just making up excuses and reasons". She responded, "Interesting" - not even sure what that means.

Appropriateness is one of the things I tend to have a problem with. I often do or say things that are probably not appropriate.:confused::(

It's frustrating talking to her sometimes with those constant "I don't believe you, you're just making up excuses and reasons". She responded, "Interesting" - not even sure what that means.

I'd give up on trying to convince her. She can believe what she wants. You know you're autistic, and that's all that matters. She is being very disrespectful to you, though. I'm sure that's hurtful. We expect support from our family members, and we don't always get it.

I don't think I would continue to try to get her to accept it, if it were me. I'd find other sources of emotional support. If she actually says you're lying and making up excuses, that's REALLY toxic, and I would distance from that.

I want to say I do feel some concern for whatever is causing your headaches and balance problems. We all know that autism alone doesn't do that. I hope you'll update us with your eventual diagnosis, and I wish you success in dealing with it.

I don't think I would continue to try to get her to accept it, if it were me. I'd find other sources of emotional support. If she actually says you're lying and making up excuses, that's REALLY toxic, and I would distance from that.

I want to say I do feel some concern for whatever is causing your headaches and balance problems. We all know that autism alone doesn't do that. I hope you'll update us with your eventual diagnosis, and I wish you success in dealing with it.
thanks for your concern. I've been having headaches and multiple other symptoms (weakness, numbness, pain, visual, dizziness, balance, fine motor skills, even passed out briefly a couple times) for years because all the issues in my neck. They've gotten worse, and now there's a constant pressure - all in the lower back of my head, which is right where the fluid is. There's nothing that would require surgery and, from past experience, neurosurgeons make it known that you're wasting their time if you're not needing surgery. I would more consider seeing a neurologist.

thanks for your concern. I've been having headaches and multiple other symptoms (weakness, numbness, pain, visual, dizziness, balance, fine motor skills, even passed out briefly a couple times) for years because all the issues in my neck. They've gotten worse, and now there's a constant pressure - all in the lower back of my head, which is right where the fluid is. There's nothing that would require surgery and, from past experience, neurosurgeons make it known that you're wasting their time if you're not needing surgery. I would more consider seeing a neurologist.

Sorry about all the frustration right now. Someone l heard had that, and they had surgery and came thru okay. Can they drain it, this person had fluid on the brain.

Pats- Hope you are okay!

Last edited:
Wow! You know what? My sister called me tonight and she was asking me questions and, for the first time, showed an interest.

Wow! You know what? My sister called me tonight and she was asking me questions and, for the first time, showed an interest.

Good to hear, I dont know if she has autistic traits but autistic people are fact based most of the time they need concrete evidence to believe in something, I still doubt my own diagnosis.

You motivated me to do some more reasearch on the topic, it actually means something, apparently problem solving and social interractions are associated with a thinning of this area, interesting.

Iv read that sometimes it can be a problem that shows at late adolescence /young adulhood. And that is typicallly what happened to me, I passed as weird but "ok" but I never crossed the bridge of adulthood.

I do look at the research they are doing on physical (brain and genetics) differences with autism. I think it'd be great if they get enough research in that they can make a diagnosis by checking your blood or doing a brain scan. Then maybe a lot of people who are told "No, you're not this or that enough to be on the spectrum", will be able to have a diagnosis regardless of doctor's personal opinions.

New Threads

Top Bottom