• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sent forms off

Tanyax

I finally posted my forms today for my official diagnosis. Only took me a month but I did it. To those of you who know me it was a big deal. We’ll see what happens next. I know I don’t need a diagnosis but I think I’d like to be able to ‘prove’ it, as sad as it sounds, I KNOW my family won’t believe me. I’ve only told my mum and she just said that I had no developmental problems growing up. Which is her way of saying, ‘no you dont’. I think I know who I am. Bearing in mind I cut her out of my life 3 years ago. Anyway. I’m glad, I think, that I got around to it. Thanks for all your support x

If it's important to you, then there's no harm in it at all. Sometimes it's easier to know and have a 'piece of paper' so to speak from a doctor or people around you will just keep blaming you for something you have no control over. I had the same. I didn't have any developmental problems growing up either, but ASD doesn't always show that way - so there's still a lot of misinformation out there.
I hope everything goes well for you. :)

Monachopia said:
If it's important to you, then there's no harm in it at all. Sometimes it's easier to know and have a 'piece of paper' so to speak from a doctor or people around you will just keep blaming you for something you have no control over. I had the same. I didn't have any developmental problems growing up either, but ASD doesn't always show that way - so there's still a lot of misinformation out there.
I hope everything goes well for you. :)
Employers depending on area often require disclosure of diagnosis like those, which can be a huge setback

Employers depending on area often require disclosure of diagnosis like those, which can be a huge setback
Oh, I'm not sure in the UK you have to disclose it? Maybe for certain types of jobs? And if you need assistance and adjustments made for you in the workplace? I'm not really sure to be honest. :3

Ha ha! I knew it! I got a letter in the post today that I only just dare open. I hate opening mail. The forms I sent off for my referral must have arrived a day too late. My referral has been cancelled so I’ll have to do it all over again. I say, ha ha, but I’m actually crying. It’s so hard for me to do this stuff. I don’t want to have to do it again. 1 day?! That’s brutal. I was so proud of myself that I actually did it. They’ll have taken me off the system now. It’s a kick in the teeth for me and a very good chance I won’t put myself through it again. I sent it Friday. If I’d sent it Thursday it would’ve been fine. Frigging red tape. I didn’t open it before because I didn’t want what was in it to ruin my day and now it has. Mail is bad.

Congratulations for getting them off the first time and I'm so sorry they were rejected for being only a single day late.

Do you have copies of the original forms -- if so could you just make any small date-specific changes and just send in the same ones?

New Threads

Top Bottom