• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sensory issues with brushing your hair?

do you have sensory issues with your scalp and stuff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an interesting question....I have curly hair, so I never brush it but my scalp is very sensitive. I always thought it was because I get a lot of migraines. I always have a low level of sensitivity, but it gets really intense and I get a burning, stinging pins and needles effect during and for a couple days after a migraine, (in which case my dr called allodynia). In addition to this, I cannot change the way my hair is parted without getting pain for a couple days, until my scalp gets used to it. I also hate getting my hair cut. It is overstimulating and ends up giving me severe nausea if I have to sit too long for it. So, I keep my hair all one length so I can trim the ends gently at home without having someone brushing and tugging at it.

I love the feeling of brushing my hair with a hard comb.

If anyone else touches my scalp or hair, though it makes me cringe and I want to get away. Just thinking about it is making me squirm.

If anyone else touches my scalp or hair, though it makes me cringe and I want to get away. Just thinking about it is making me squirm.
Thinking about that gives me the heebies too.... It reminds me of when I was little and would go places w/ my mom. I was often running away and hiding from little old ladies in the store or church who were trying to touch my hair! They would say that if you touched red hair it was good luck...what? My mom, also a redhead, and I had never heard of such a thing and it always freaked me out to have strangers touch my hair...especially light touch. It's like it is amplified x's 10 and sends electric sensations down my back and arms...eek!

New Threads

Top Bottom