• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

danielcollins

A nice light airy Friday thread about humour, I'd love to hear what tickles your funny bone.

Word play and mimicking tend to get to me, silly noises..

Free sha voca doo...

But then on the other hand, I found say Deadpool to be quite mundane - which was widely rated as being rather funny. Only remember "Did I leave the stove on?"

I like that dry English humor. And now, for something completely different.

Very dry and sarcastic. At work I'm well known for my endless puns. Can be very immature for a 43 yr old man.

Cartoon Humor like Gravity Falls, Family Guy, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, MLP and Pickle and Peanut... Don't judge me on that last one.. It just has that it's so bad it is good quality...

I like things that don't make sense. Like there's this one site, badkidsjokes.tumblr.com. The jokes make no sense at all, but they had me cracking up. I also like ironic humour, comic strips, some puns, and long story jokes.

I like the type of humour in The Mighty Boosh. Also the comments people make on Facebook posts that nobody else gets, I always do and make sure I give them a like. I also like satirical news articles especially those by Frankie Boyle and Mark Steel. Also pranks and trolling of racists, provided nobody is actually harmed in the process. I know some anti-racist Twitter trolls and one day three of them decided to change their accounts to be Jordan Horner, the former terrorist sympathiser and follower of Anjem Choudary. The confusion of the racists as these three jumped into the conversation, was hilarious.

I like puns, irony, and random absurdity.

I have this habit of making terrible puns and turning them into even worse business propositions. I am currently learning Japanese and learned that the Japanese word for octopus is "tako". So I thought wouldn't it be fun to start up a business called Tako Taco? We would serve Asian Mexican fusion and our signature dish would be an octopus taco. Sure, it would be unapatizing, but how can one resist the alure of a translingual pun?

Furthermore, Japanese uses a seperate set of kana (letter) to spell foreign word than to spell words native to the language. I find it amusing that both words would be spelled the same way (ta-ko) but using different "alphabets" thereby changing the meaning.

I like puns, irony, and random absurdity.

I have this habit of making terrible puns and turning them into even worse business propositions. I am currently learning Japanese and learned that the Japanese word for octopus is "tako". So I thought wouldn't it be fun to start up a business called Tako Taco? We would serve Asian Mexican fusion and our signature dish would be an octopus taco. Sure, it would be unapatizing, but how can one resist the alure of a translingual pun?

Furthermore, Japanese uses a seperate set of kana (letter) to spell foreign word than to spell words native to the language. I find it amusing that both words would be spelled the same way (ta-ko) but using different "alphabets" thereby changing the meaning.

I would try a Tako Taco. It might be a little chewy, but it should be good. We go to a place that sells "Vicious Fish Tacos" and I love them. However, my wife will not eat them.

Nice to see this thread has kicked off since I started it! Definitely hear your comments, can see a theme with literal humour, randomness and general obscurity.

I quite like dark humour. I found Deadpool to be quite entertaining with it's wacky humour.

See I enjoyed it, but I found that there was such hype about it that my expectations were sky high. This happens a lot for me and them I'm just disappointed in it - even when it isn't bad.

Very dry and sarcastic. At work I'm well known for my endless puns. Can be very immature for a 43 yr old man.

Oh yeah, office environment and we talk about very risque things. The banter is really funny and random.

Think I'm still struggling with irony, although I think I understand it I usually find it funny rather than contemplative. Here in the UK we have a relatively inexpensive white wine called Black Tower. Famous for bad dinner parties and house parties in the 70's/80's (so it's generally considered **** wine, but I like it because it's sweet) and this label makes me laugh:

20160401_203037.jpg

Offbeat, dry, absurd sorts of things tend to make me laugh. I like slapstick and insult comedy too. Charlie Chapman, Moe Howard and Don Rickles are my greatest comedy heroes.

I like absurd, surreal humor such as Monty Python, Kenny Everett or the Goon Show also wordplay of the kind that Ronnie Barker used to do.

Me too! I also love the British series Father Ted, Black Books, and The IT Crowd, all from the same writer, and all very outrageously hilarious.

Recently tried the "cringe humor" of Vice Principals on HBO, but while it is dark, it is also very lightly supported in the motivations and preparation department; so the characters don't ring true to me, and it is less funny than I prefer.

The Three Stooges did some whacky things, but it all made sense in the context presented. I think real comedy places people in bizarre situations in a perfectly logical way, and that is what makes it funny. I am a huge fan of Seinfeld, which could pull this off perfectly, and was the basis of many of my favorite episodes.

In contrast, to have a character just randomly start mayhem out of the blue, well, that's just random mayhem. I can give colored markers to a group of toddlers in an all white living room -- but is it art?

Me too! I also love the British series Father Ted, Black Books, and The IT Crowd, all from the same writer, and all very outrageously hilarious.
Are we long-lost siblings? I love *all* of those shows! Of course many of us can identify with Maurice Moss...what's scary is that I also identify with Dylan Moran's character in Black Books. Then again, I used to work in a bookshop, so... :cool:

I don't know which words describe the type of humour I like/prefer.

The humour I like best involves a visual aspect, for example

upload_2016-8-20_17-48-8.png

I also like humour that takes something that already exists and rearranges it to create something humorous e.g. this diagram which is based around the lyrics of a song, which was featured in the film "Romeo+Juliet".

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar ...... and doesn't

A neutron walks into a bar and orders a beer, the barman says "For you, no charge!"

A biochemist walks into a bar and orders a pint of Adenosine Triphosphate. The barman says 80p please Sir.

I don't know whether any of you will "get" my humour or find it funny but humour is very subjective.

New Threads

Top Bottom