• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Self-diagnosed with Asperger, special interest in foreign languages, Star Wars

• Thread starter Deleted member 29597
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29597

Hello there!

New to this forum. I'm on my way to the official diagnosis. Most likely it'll be Aspergers. I'm a 28 years old and currently living in the Netherlands.
Having a lot of difficulty in making friends and social connections.

My special interests could bridge the gap, but it's hard to find people who are as committed as I am. I love foreign languages, Star Wars, economics, politics. If you know any place that connects people with ASD based on their special interests, I'd really appreciate that.

I first joined as a self diagnosed aspie and for several years, stayed that way, until a miracle happened, I actually got a formally diagnosis.

Envy much that one of your special interests is language! I wish I had that ability hehehehe

I tend to run in and out of special interests. But, currently, it is Korean dramas and thus, Korean things.

Anyway, so very much welcome and if English is not your first language, just shows that it is a special interest, since you are really good at English!

Thank you for your answers. :)
Korean seems nice, too.
My languages are: French, Turkish, Russian. (And I'm indeed not a native speaker of English either.)

Welcome! :)
This forum has been great for me for connecting with others, and sharing special interests.

I'm American and of Hispanic descent, but there are a few members here from the Netherlands that I can think of!

I love learning languages too. I'm currently working on speaking and writing in Spanish, and I speak and write some Polish (my best friend is from Poland) and I am hoping to learn to speak Portuguese, Norwegian, and a few others.

I'm also around the same age as you. I'll be 28 in October.

Hope you enjoy it here and you're able to make the connections you're looking for! :)

I've had 'special interest' in learning languages, too. Mine are German, Greek and Romanian. I've also learned French, a bit of Spanish and a bit of Italian. I tried Polish, too - it's hard.

welcome to af.png

If you know any place that connects people with ASD based on their special interests, I'd really appreciate that.

Yes, here, you found the right place, I think! As someone mentioned, there are exact threads for that, and it is extremely intriguing to find others who share something that you thought no one else was interested in.

Recently there was a whole thread about different languages that people here speak, as well.
Thread 'is english your native language?'
is english your native language?

Welcome! I have a bit of interest in economic and monetary history, though I have to concede that they are rather obscure fields.

Hi and welcome. I'm not great at languages other than English, too scattered maybe. Hope you find people here to relate to with special interests you enjoy. This tends to be a friendly place. Tho politics can be an area to tread carefully in. As in most places!

Thank you all.
If someone's interested in practicing French, Turkish, Dutch or Russian, please feel free to reach out! :)

Welcome!

I was a SW fan when I was younger and played the old Star Wars rolegame. But I have not followed this Disney era, so I guess I can no longer call myself a fan.

I hope you will enjoy this place. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom