• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Self diagnosed high functioning here to continue my introspective journey

Vindiesel

Hello, trying not to write a biography here but may end up that way. (excuse my grammar)

Ill try some bullet points of who I'am based off some potentially bogus self reporting test I have taken.

Mbti: INTJ

Big 5: 95% openness, 80% conscientiousness, extroversion 1%, agreeableness 0%, and neuroticism 10%

Autism quiz: over 90% chance of high function autism diagnosis

Psychmed multiple choice personality disorders quiz: The high ones are 100% schizoid, 90% narcissistic personality disorder and 90% antisocial personality disorder.

So I don't know how much of this is smoke from potentially autism or potentially I have multiple issues driving me.

Im 36 yearsold, Im married and my wife and I are in a polyamorous ethical non-monogomy marriage. I have a girlfriend I have been dating for 2 years and my wife and I have been together in total 10 years. My wife is diagnosed with bpd, anxiety, depression and adhd. My mother has undiagnosed bpd (my wife is a psychologist that works with bpd clients hence why I know this.) I never suffered any abuse. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 8 (10 years dirtbikes and 10 years sportbikes) and modifying cars an adrenaline junky in essence. Never had depression or anxiety or suicidal thoughts. My emotional empathy is 0 my cognitive empathy is extremely sharp. Ive maintained a stable career throughout my life, dozens of intimate relationships and moved from Ohio to nashville tn to greenville sc for work. I have no friends and I chose to have no friends. So I lead a successful life.

So why are you here Vin? seems like you have most of your life figured out.

I want to become a better person but unsure how. I mean I have made it this far with a level of success just because my ideologies/behaviors don't coincide with others or affect them because they haven't been exposed to a person like me is that really my job to match their perceptions or be pliable enough to fake/mask who I am? (see my conflicting thoughts)

Why would I even want to get diagnosed? Were all on a continuum. You have a label well how is that going to help me?

Whatever thoughts or questions you have let me know I wont be offended.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
1677508078589.png

Welcome to AF. Good point- it is a highly introspective process. And better to determine who and what you really are rather than to stumble through life as one big mystery. ;)

Welcome!

It seems like you're in a relatively stable situation and that things are overall okay, in which case you may not necessarily want to "rock the boat" and make any sudden changes. That being said, if you are masking in your relationships, you may eventually get burned out. You might want to consider doing a little unmasking at a time, but be cautioned that some people who are friends or otherwise close to you now might not like the real you, and so there are some risks to that as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom