• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seen a talent

Mika M Reich

Seen a talent my 12 year old daughter with Asperger's has,she is a great artist.She loves art painting and drawing.I am amazed by her work including her dad,we both encourage her a lot.My current husband whom is her step dad,he has said she is good at it.We know where she is at the kitchen table drawing or in her room painting.Has a spot in her room where she paints at.Also does her painting outside and started the spray painting.For my birthday present this year,she painted a flag where I was born and originally lived in,Germany.I loved and it is in my den.Last year,she decided to do some paintings and drawings having them auctioned off with the money going to Asperger's and autism research.I bought one of the paintings and my husband bought a drawing.Has decided to be an artist in her future

That's amazing to hear - it's nice to see you being supportive of her passion. I was unfortunately told by my parents that art wasn't career friendly when I wanted to study it after school. Been stuck in office jobs ever since.

I started drawing again around 13 years ago and I'm only now pushing forward with trying to work towards making it profitable. In fact, I submitted a drawing to the Mall gallery in London this evening. Here's hoping I make the short-list for the exhibition.

Ed

Your daughter sounds very creative and talented, it's great that she loves to make art, and enjoys focussing on it. And she has great support from you, that must be so motivating for her.

New Threads

Top Bottom