• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeking research participants – ACCOUNTANTS wanted

gkwok

Hi everyone, I am Georgina, a final year accounting undergraduate at Northumbria University (Newcastle, UK).

For my dissertation, I am recruiting autistic adults (whether diagnosed or self-diagnosed) for my online questionnaire titled ‘Exploring the Strengths, Challenges and Experiences of Autistic Adults in Accounting Job Positions’.
In recent years, big companies have started initiatives to promote and hire more autistic people, but there is little research into the strengths, challenges and accommodations required by autistic people in these jobs.

You are eligible to participate if you:
  • Are diagnosed or self-diagnosed as autistic
  • Have experience (including past experience) of working in an accounting job position
  • Are over the age of 18.

The online questionnaire will take about 30 minutes to complete. All data you provide will be anonymous and confidential.

If you are interested in taking part, or know someone who may be suitable, please refer to the following link:
Exploring the Strengths, Challenges and Experiences of Autistic Adults in Accounting Job Positions

Many thanks!
Georgina Kwok ([email protected]).

This makes 5 research questionaires in the last week alone. But the first ever relating to accounting, at least. I'm guessing it is tied to the timing of school semesters.

I've never worked in that field, I chose the military, but just wanted to throw out one of the biggest challenges occurs earlier. The mainstream school system takes them to age 18 (or 21 depending on location) and then they just, well, fall off the edge of the earth, in a manner of speaking. There is very little (or nothing) in place to help them transistion to college or another vocation.

And this is a real shame. For the people on the spectrum that do manage to transistion can be the most valuable and innovative employees a company has. Focus, dedication, loyalty, honesty, skill and/or excelling are qualities one can often find in the spectrum population. There are also often greater challenges and difficulties in other areas such as negotiating or understanding social situations and interpersonal relations as well a having often deal with co-morbid medical situations such as anxiety, sensory issues and being overwhelmed by certain stimuli.

Last edited:
Now, THIS is how you go about gathering research and participants. Informed consent is crucial!

Unfortunately, I do not fit your criteria, as I have never worked in accounting. I do hope you find what you’re looking for! I appreciate your concern for those within the autistic population :)

I don't do unpaid research studies.

Ah, well, that ousts me participating, since I have never worked in the accounting field; however, some year's ago now, I discovered I have a talent for it and now, balance the books at home and this is from someone who has a hate relationship with math! So, basically, cannot use the formatted jargon.

No stipend? No Dunkin Donuts coupon? Why do we never get paying surveys? There is enough money at research tanks.
Dunkin Donuts? I once got $300 for having a conversation! You know psych research, though. I THOUGHT it was a conversation when really they were probably reading my mind and taking my genetics and creating some kind of clone with which to secretly replace me. But still...it was great cash and I had loads of fun, actually.

Last edited:
@gkwok

It might be a good idea to remove the restriction, and just ask for the responders' profession.

OFC it does no harm to state a preference for Accountants, but IMO there are other professions that could provide useful data.

BTW - the people you want earn good money. A free pizza won't mean much, but you need to give something back, even if it's just information on the results, soliciting feedback, and engaging in a genuine discussion.

Sometimes these studies make it sound like it would be a privilege to participate, almost like a job interview.

Hi everyone, I am Georgina, a final year accounting undergraduate at Northumbria University (Newcastle, UK).

For my dissertation, I am recruiting autistic adults (whether diagnosed or self-diagnosed) for my online questionnaire titled ‘Exploring the Strengths, Challenges and Experiences of Autistic Adults in Accounting Job Positions’.
In recent years, big companies have started initiatives to promote and hire more autistic people, but there is little research into the strengths, challenges and accommodations required by autistic people in these jobs.

You are eligible to participate if you:
  • Are diagnosed or self-diagnosed as autistic
  • Have experience (including past experience) of working in an accounting job position
  • Are over the age of 18.

The online questionnaire will take about 30 minutes to complete. All data you provide will be anonymous and confidential.

If you are interested in taking part, or know someone who may be suitable, please refer to the following link:
Exploring the Strengths, Challenges and Experiences of Autistic Adults in Accounting Job Positions

Many thanks!
Georgina Kwok ([email protected]).
From the responses it would be relevant to tell the research community that people with autistic neurology are not a free ride we are worth something ,if researchers get paid we deserve something

New Threads

Top Bottom