• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seek Friends, Even Motivational Friends

unreality

Maybe there's someone here who seems somewhat like me who'd like to be friends (online or real life), or even motivational friends to help inspire & motivate each other on our projects. Presently I have no friends, but have a lot of projects which is difficult for me to find motivation to work on them because life seems pointless without anyone to share it with. I can make plenty of friends but none who are even close to being like me.

I haven't been diagnosed but tests show I'm barely slightly AS. I'm generation X who loves science but also very open-minded & interested in spirituality in hopes of finding truth. That's me, a truth seeker. :D Please see my profile for details. Thanks!

Depending on what kind of projects, maybe there are online communities specifically dedicated to those topics and the sharing of one's work in them.

I agree that it definitely helps to have the right kind of friends to share stuff with. Just having joined this place I've met one or two I'm relating with enough to help motivate me about some stuff I put off, because yeah, stuff's not always worth making if you can't share it (it gets a bit lonely and depressing after a while anyway).

Either you can certainly find people here who share interests/hobbies/subjects, or as Fino's said you can join places dedicated to whatever it is. The only thing with that is though with a place like this you might feel more comfortable knowing you'll likely meet people more similar and possibly better suited for you. But either way can definitely work. I don't know, just a thought.

I'm not sure how long you've been really active here since you made your account, but I'll say it anyways:

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

No friends? Same here.
Yeah, it gets boring and depressing pushing yourself into doing things when no one
is there to share it with.

I've found a community here where others understand and I can relate to them too.
Makes a big difference.
I like science and spirituality too. And I like philosophy and psychology.
I started going to a group that meets monthly called Socrates Cafe where
a question on life is posed and the group takes turns sharing their ideas and philosophy on the subject.
I felt akward though in the group and slower than the others in joining in with my thoughts.
So I quit.
Oh, well. It's interesting here and I can do my special interest studies myself.

Welcome. Hope you feel at ease and others with whom you relate!

Thanks! I appreciate all of the replies.

Depending on what kind of projects, maybe there are online communities specifically dedicated to those topics and the sharing of one's work in them.
Good advice. I'll look around. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted my facebook. Some people say there's a lot of communities there. My journey to find friends continues on.

No friends? Same here.
Yeah, it gets boring and depressing pushing yourself into doing things when no one
is there to share it with.

I've found a community here where others understand and I can relate to them too.
Makes a big difference.
I like science and spirituality too. And I like philosophy and psychology.
I started going to a group that meets monthly called Socrates Cafe where
a question on life is posed and the group takes turns sharing their ideas and philosophy on the subject.
I felt akward though in the group and slower than the others in joining in with my thoughts.
So I quit.
Oh, well. It's interesting here and I can do my special interest studies myself.

Welcome. Hope you feel at ease and others with whom you relate!

Sounds like a nice idea. Every once in awhile I look around at meetup but so far haven't been able to get the courage to go to any meetings. I think the meetups where you go to talk might be too awkward for me until I'm good friends with them. Maybe a hiking or sightseeing meetup?

New Threads

Top Bottom