• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Security issues on Facebook?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

This weekend I've been getting emails saying someone has tried to access my Facebook account (to which there is a link in my signature) and fortunately failed. However, I logged in and changed my password, I then got another email saying someone was trying to get in, I ignored that because I knew it was probably me changing the password, anyway today I got another one claiming to be from somewhere in Bromford, Essex trying to access my stuff.

I have changed the password, again, should this clear the problems?

I am on a Chrome OS PC, which is allegedly un-hackable, so I don't think (touch wood) that the general security of my PC is at risk.

Could it be a phishing attempt?
Are you sure the emails originates from facebook?
Does the information in "/Settings/Security/Where You're Logged In" the same location as in the emails?

My husband has had messages to that nature and has just ignored them. It is a way to put a virus in the computer system.

I often get an email from paypal, regarding suspicious activity and just delete them.

So far, never had to change my password; but that is probably because I use scriptures as my password.

First off, you have to understand that such an email may not have come from Facebook to begin with. And that above all, whatever link they provided in the email wasn't one you clicked to log in.

Otherwise you may have become a victim of phishing, where clicking on the link may have simply allowed a third-party to see what your username and password actually is- even if changed. Also it can be a means of launching malware onto your computer.

Even if the origins of such an email are legitimate, make it a point NEVER to click the link provided within an email. Instead, always use a proper link of the domain you are certain of for your own protection.

My husband has had messages to that nature and has just ignored them. It is a way to put a virus in the computer system.

I often get an email from paypal, regarding suspicious activity and just delete them.

So far, never had to change my password; but that is probably because I use scriptures as my password.

I used to get loads of those "phishing" emails, but since I changed from Hotmail to Gmail, I don't get them.

I get these every so often. You can forward them to Paypal ([email protected]) for them to investigate.

I did get in touch with paypal once and they thanked me for letting them know and said to just ignore them and also said that I can always know it is from them, as they use our names and this is proving to be true. I just delete them. I check my paypal, just to see and it is always ok.

New Threads

Top Bottom