• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Second Life

Pella

Anyone here on Second Life? I have two avatars there a child avatar and a grown up one. I mostly used to just go to support groups and hunt for free stuff. I do like the clothes there. On my child avatar I role played as a child, I had a family and went to school it was alot of fun. But alot of the people I used to hang out with aren't on there much anymore, or else they made themselves new avatars I don't know.

I've heard a lot about this game, Pella; although I don't play myself. Many people have become truly wrapped up & swept away in it. What is it about it that has made it so enthralling to so many people?

Well its less of a game and more like a chat room, except you can walk around. You can play games in there, but you don't have to. I like the clothes because I can express myself in ways I can't in real life, and do things i can't in real life, i have been to concerts, disscussions, support groups, art galleries, poetry readings on there. I went the other day to the autism awareness center, which really just had some panels up with some facts about autism, they had a displays set up that illustrated some of the techniques that used to be used to treat autism. You can build stuff and create your own clothing. Really its just like any other chat room program, except more visual. The reason I think some people get too wrapped up in it, is the same as anything people use to escape, but anyone who isn't accepted by the rest of the world may find it easier in second life. I knew a transgender woman who was taking hormones, was planning to have surgery i believe, and but she found herself easily accepted as a woman on second life, and less so in real life, and so second life was just easier, she could didn't have to worry about if she looked feminine enough and no one questioned it. The problem is that she had a daughter, that her girlfriend was taking care of, she didn't have a job and spent all her time on second life, because she was accepted.

For me, its because I am afraid to leave the house and have trouble interacting with people, and I can wear clothing I can't in real life (lack of money and the figure). The problem is the people I used to talk to, the support group i used to go to aren't there anymore. and despite my lack of social skills, I do desire social interaction, so when I go on there now, I feel lonely.

New Threads

Top Bottom