• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Searching Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis

Kelly Campbell

My father is a diabetic patient and his doctor suggested him to exercise daily specially jogging in park or any good relaxing environment. Recently my father diagnosed with plantar fasciitis problem and simple running shoes is creating pain while jogging. We asked for doctor, he recommended to buy running shoes for plantar fasciitis that have specially created for diabetic patients that have orthotic insoles with good cushioning support.

I am looking for suggestions from where I can buy this type shoes or which one is good for him.

even cheaper buy memory foam insoles ,put them into his shoes ,you can buy orthotic insoles at different places ,it depends on the state of his skin on his feet, if his diabetes is controlled and he's got good circulation his feet he could use the insoles ,if not he's going to have to have very soft shoes.
QVC sell orthotic shoes but I don't know if that works for somebody who is diabetic .
just typed in orthotic shoes for diabetics on Bing there were myriad websites .

Your best bet would be an orthopedic shoe store, or a store that does adjustments to shoes and/or manufactures insoles. In my country of residence, these stores are run very professionally and will provide you with a custom made solution that gives your feet the support they need. It is a little pricey, but buying ready to wear insoles will generally not be supportive enough if you have actual structural abnormalities.

just looked at orthofeet.com , all orthotics think to be the same price starting at about $100 the orthotic insoles started at about $25 .

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone who has said that orthopedic shoes are your best bet.

I have (suspected) plantar fasciitis in the heel of my right foot, but I've actually found it's improved since I started wearing shoes called Brooks Ghost 10s - they have a sort of cushioning in the soles that feels very comfy. It hasn't made my plantar fasciitis go away completely (come to think of it, this has reminded me that I need to start doing my exercises again), but it's definitely not as bad as it was before I switched shoes. I did like the Sauconys I had before, but the sole in the right one kept sliding around and got holes in it, which might have contributed to the pain.

....But yes, definitely explore options for orthopedic shoes first, like others have suggested. :)

I might be better to just go for low impact exercise such as swimming or cycling, wouldn't want to risk making the fasciitis worse.

New Threads

Top Bottom