• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Searching on New Forum Setup

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
The search bar is very user unfriendly on this new forum setup.

I will give an example of something that happens all the time.

I had built a loom overnight, and wanted to post about it. So, just now I wanted to find the thread titled something similar to: "What Was the Last Thing You Made?" So I clicked on Search, and then typed in "What Was the Last Thing You Made".

The search results had a caption on top of the page that read:

"Search results for query: what was the last thing you made

1. The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: what, was, the, last, you"

It is very frustrating to me. None of the search results were even remotely close to what I was seeking, because it automatically excluded the exact search terms I needed.

Is there any way to bypass this, to get clearer search results?

I'm with you. I have slightly given up trying to use the inbuilt search engine because it gives nonsense results. Searching through Bing (yes, I know) takes me straight to the thread but not at the most recent postings.

As a workaround you could create a new folder in your browser's favourites menu and save bookmarks there so you can find the threads you want to read more easily.

Yes, I have also banged my head on that problem:

"The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common"

It's difficult to find threads.

I see. It worked for me by keeping the quotation marks and literally searching "What Was the Last Thing You Made". It still ignored "the" in its search but it found the one thread called that other than this one.

I tried this way:

1665594241339.png

Used the title search.

Seems a common concern if you access the Xenforo and other forums. Which likely reflects issues with the forum developers and not necessarily their clients (our host).

Yeah, IMO the search function has been user-unfriendly for some time.

New Threads

Top Bottom