• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

search for the name of that game

Shaddock

V.I.P Member
I once played a game. I searched but never found the name of the game. it was not a triple a game, it was okay and not total trash. you played with bird's eye view, you can choose between 3 characters. a woman with firearms, an asian man with close combat weapons and a mage. you get better weapons from time to time and there is a level system I think. the game was very simple. hordes of enemys and in the end you fighted against another mage. there are also artifacts/stones with them you can summon golems I think. this game must be older than 2010 I think, but newer than 2000.

any idea?

I dont suppose you have more details than that?

Unfortunately there are a LOT of games that could sorta fit what you're describing kinda. Based on the gameplay style, I mean.

I once played a game. I searched but never found the name of the game. it was not a triple a game, it was okay and not total trash. you played with bird's eye view, you can choose between 3 characters. a woman with firearms, an asian man with close combat weapons and a mage. you get better weapons from time to time and there is a level system I think. the game was very simple. hordes of enemys and in the end you fighted against another mage. there are also artifacts/stones with them you can summon golems I think. this game must be older than 2010 I think, but newer than 2000.

any idea?

Sounds like your typical action RPG! Diablo II, Torchlight, Fate, and most of the others in the genre either fit that description or come ridiculously close (although I think the latter only has one character). Have you tried looking up ARPGs from that time particularly?

My first guess would definitely be Torchlight, it's not an exact fit but extremely close

Sounds like your typical action RPG! Diablo II, Torchlight, Fate, and most of the others in the genre either fit that description or come ridiculously close (although I think the latter only has one character). Have you tried looking up ARPGs from that time particularly?

I watched videos like "50 best arpgs of all time" on youtube, but I have not found it.

in the beginning of the game you fighted against zombies. there are different levels. first level is a city with zombies, another level is desert, snowland and caves. another enemys are bats.

maybe it´s so unknown, that nobody knows it.

Last edited:
it´s very hard to remember, but I think you can teleport to an underground base in that game, where you can buy weapons, upgrade your character and so on.

I think the setting was apocalyptic, but like in the last century.

I looked for hours and watched videos about multiple hundred games, but can´t find it.

Last edited:
I thought about it again and more memories are coming to daylight. you can summon different monsters (3 or 4 I think), which I think were the bosses you defeated before. the monsters are your companions, but they only remain for a short time until the ability is on cooldown. every level finishes with one of these monsters, which you can use a companion for the next levels.

I think the first companion was a monster which is small and flys.

another companion was a big golem.

you fight mostly against demons. like I said an apocalyptic scenario, demons came to earth.

the base where you can go back every time, was in the start area (the city with the zombies).

Last edited:
I have no idea what the name is of that game. when I would know it, I would instantly buy it, download it and play it through in one day. but I can´t find it.

do you know that feeling when there is a memory, you feel it, but you have problems to bring it to the surface? I always try to search what the trigger for that memory was and hope to not "loose" it.

there is some memory about that game, I can feel it : D

"Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura" is not the game, but the name triggered something. maybe the name is something with arcanum? or you use arcane magic in it?

it reminds me of two games: viktor vran

upload_2022-6-28_12-4-20.png

and van helsing. but it´s none of these both games.

upload_2022-6-28_12-4-42.png

the genre of the game I search is role play game -> action role play game ->
Isometric/top-down dungeon crawler (I think)

Is it perhaps something like this?

Everything you've described so far makes me think of something out of the Baldur's Gate series, which ranges between full-on RPGs, to action-heavy games like this one, with a wide range of release dates among each game, starting in 1998 and continuing from there.

This here talks about the series, with links to info on each entry:

Baldur's Gate - Wikipedia

Baldur's Gate - Wikipedia

it´s sadly not baldur´s gate. in the game I search are firearms, so it´s more modern than medieval age.

I searched in youtube for "games like diablo", "old rpg games" and so on, but not found the game I search.

Hm, the firearms bit is problematic. Typically in that time period the dungeon crawler genre was absolutely obsessed with the medieval fantasy setting. Games that are otherwise are usually Fallout, and... Fallout. I cant think of any others that have a character with guns.

Doesnt help that there are many variations of "isometric dungeon crawler". Looking it up brings up action games like Gauntlet, Diablo-style games like Fate, and of course party-based games like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale.

Google doesnt seem to like anything that isnt those.

On a total sidenote, I see Hexen mentioned earlier in the thread. While it aint isometric or whatnot, I'd highly recommend anyone to check it out. There are many games that have the "look" it does, but there's seriously just nothing else like Hexen (that I've ever seen, and that includes Heretic). Really is something special. Doesnt really get the attention it totally deserves.

Give it time, you'll find it. My record for identifying a film was 30+ years and I fluked that one because a member on here described and named it!

I know I'm wrong, but this sounds 100% like Torchlight to my brain. This game must at least be really similar to that one, which might at least help with finding the game you're talking about.

I also say this because I ruled out Victor Vran, Van Helsing and all of those preemptively too (which are also great ARPGs)

New Threads

Top Bottom