• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Screaming preachers

Which kind of creature do you like better

• A screamer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SL JediKnight

I'm not a fan of screaming preachers I don't think Jesus preached that way somebody said theres two type of preachers there's preachers and their teachers I like the teacher kind better

Screamer street corner preachers existed in Jesus's time too, and he didn't like them much either. The first few verses of Matthew chapter 5, IIRC, is Jesus's opinion of street corner preachers. He calls them "hypocrites" and tells his followers to pray alone in darkened rooms.

I ALWAYS wear earplugs in church. So it does not matter as far as sensory goes, but I don't like church because of all the other sensory issues. I like small Bibles studies, but find them hard to go to because of the social issues. There is a quiet night church I attend at times that has only A Capella hymns and quiet, gentle preaching. And they have dinners here and there. I like that.

@Sportster sometimes you can find quiet in the Mennonites and Quakers. They do have specific theologies that may not appeal to all, but I find I can hear God better in silence regardless of what being said.

New Threads

Top Bottom