• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SCIENCE FICTION Screenshot Challenge - Guess the movie or show. ???

Tom

V.I.P Member
I thought I'd try a new identification game for Sci-Fi or movie fans. Hopefully not too hard, but not too easy...

1973 (Film)

Hints: Co-starred Edward G. Robinson

Let's see if anyone gets this, it's kind of a hard one (one little hint: it's a movie that's not in English):

tarkovsky.jpg

Little fun piece of trivia re: the above post: Soylent Green was the movie my parents saw on their first date, not sure if that explains anything or not (embarrassingly enough, I've never actually sat down and watched the whole thing, just little clips here and there).

Soylent Green perchance?

Great film.

Yes! You are the first Sci-Fi winner!

One of the things that makes it a bit more interesting now is comparing the film's vision of a pollution apocalypse with what has actually occurred.

It was Edward G Robinson's last film and his euthanasia scene the last he ever did. He knew he was terminally ill, but no one else on set did. That scene is said to be the best in the film.

Let's see if anyone gets this, it's kind of a hard one (one little hint: it's a movie that's not in English):

Little fun piece of trivia re: the above post: Soylent Green was the movie my parents saw on their first date, not sure if that explains anything or not (embarrassingly enough, I've never actually sat down and watched the whole thing, just little clips here and there).

Is it the obscure Czechoslovakian film Sand Dune Alien Ants in the Abandoned Soviet Era Tractor Factory ?

Will need more help! Can you give the date it was issued and if it was a movie or TV show ?

PS. If it was their first date, they may not seen the whole thing either. ;)

Last edited:
:)Bravo Ellylldan.

Next up:

2006 (Film)

Children of Men...one of my favorites! And one of the most amazing action sequences ever committed to film. :)

Stalker is one Tarkovsky film I haven't gotten round to seeing yet. Something else to add to my Netflix queue. ;)

Children of Men...one of my favorites! And one of the most amazing action sequences ever committed to film. :)

Stalker is one Tarkovsky film I haven't gotten round to seeing yet. Something else to add to my Netflix queue. ;)

Yes! One of the best films of the decade and frighteningly believable.

While we wait for someone to identify wyverary's, here is a new one:

1964 (Film)

Hint: The first of multiple films based on the same book, and closest to the book.

While we wait for someone to identify wyverary's, here is a new one:

1964 (Film)

Hint: The first of multiple films based on the same book, and closest to the book.

That's an easy one. Vincent Price in "The Last Man On Earth".

New Threads

Top Bottom