• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saving 4 Snazzy PC Gaming Setup: REVAMPED EDITION

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, I used a website called PCPartPicker to create a gaming setup that I can save up for somewhat easily when I get a job. It should be good. You can see it by clicking here.

I just picked the setup by changing the filters for the parts searches, and then added it with the filter to avoid compatibility issues messages popping up.

I am pretty happy at where it is at right now.

Here is the full list of parts in case the link is not working for you for some reason:
  • Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Case Fan: Corsair LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120mm Fan
  • Fan Controller: Kingwin FPX-001 Fan Controller
  • Power Supply: Corsair VS 450 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer
  • Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
  • Hard-drive: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler
  • GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card
This should be good until I have saved up for something better.

er urm, sure you wouldn't be better off investing or saving the money do buy a really powerful pc in 2-4 years again, where you can likely reuse some parts?
I'd add an nvme ssd before some of the other parts, it is a really good speed boost. The power supply wattage looks rather critical

Keep in mind that you don't REALLY need to buy an ultra-powerful PC unless you have a bloody good reason to.

I myself got one that cost a ridiculous $4500... but that had a purpose. It's built to handle virtual reality, maxed out at all times, and also it's meant to be a long-lasting machine. And gaming is my main hobby. And indeed, I've become quite the VR enthusiast. So for my own purposes, this was quite appropriate. The machine works exactly as intended.

But I would absolutely NOT recommend that to most people. For most games, you actually don't need a crazy gaming rig. Even for AAA games. Honestly the price range you're paying at for the machine you're building, you really don't NEED to go further than that. I think you'll find it suffices quite well.

Just be careful and make smart purchases where you get the value that your money is actually worth.

er urm, sure you wouldn't be better off investing or saving the money do buy a really powerful pc in 2-4 years again, where you can likely reuse some parts?
I'd add an nvme ssd before some of the other parts, it is a really good speed boost. The power supply wattage looks rather critical

The problem though is that this requires waiting 2-4 years. And missing out on loads of things.

Also I agree on the SSD bit. Honestly after getting one myself for the first time (with my previous PC), I don't know how I'd ever go back to a normal drive.

The problem though is that this requires waiting 2-4 years. And missing out on loads of things.
NO, it was about
The computer already seems overkill to me, I wanted to say to better wait and use the later saved up money for a new PC later, it's more efficient to buy a good pc and buy a new one later when the previous is obsolete instead of spending the money on an overkill computer that will end up obsolete anyways

UPDATE: I switched out the 400 watt power supply I originally had on here with a 650 watt power supply. It's still a EVGA power supplies, so I expect it to have an excellent build quality and not catch on fire.

Here is the updated build.

Keep in mind that you don't REALLY need to buy an ultra-powerful PC unless you have a bloody good reason to.
Here is my bloody good reason to do so: I want to not only play really good-looking games, but I also want to make really good-looking games with Unreal Engine. Enough said.

Here is my bloody good reason to do so: I want to not only play really good-looking games, but I also want to make really good-looking games with Unreal Engine. Enough said.

Keep in mind, if you want to make really good looking games, you REALLY gotta already know what you're doing first, and you probably will need others with you. Everyone goes in with that sort of idea. But there's a reason why truly gorgeous games have big teams behind them, usually entirely made of people with years of experience. Or occaisionally they start with no experience, but then spend 5 years on one game (thus learning as they go).

If you're getting into game design... I can *promise* you, it's going to be much harder than it looks. Everyone has this bloody strange idea that it's really easy somehow. It isnt. As I myself learned the hard way.

Good luck to ya though. If you're willing to really persist through the hardships it will produce (and believe me, it will produce a great many of them), who knows what you could make. Some darned amazing things out there, made by even just one person.

New Threads

Top Bottom