• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rumour: Star Wars Episode 9 has 2 months to go to release, but still isn't finished...

Will you be going to see Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Ride of Skywalker?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

• Maybe / Not Sure

• I don't care about Disney Star Wars

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don't care about Star Wars in general

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

AGXStarseed

The following is strictly rumour, but it goes that the 9th episode of the Star Wars saga is apparently still not done and with just 2 months to go before its release date in December. Furthermore, it is rumoured that the film has six potential endings, with the film getting both the "John Carter" treatment and the "Justice League" treatment.

The following video is from Midnight's Edge as they go into detail regarding these rumours and elaborates on the "John Carter"/"Justice League" treatment:

So, what do you make of this. Do you think this rumour is valid (or at least partially valid)?
If so, do you think the film will be finished on time?
Finally, will you be going to see Episode 9 when it releases in movie theatres?

I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is true. If it were, someone would've confirmed it. Plus a Trailer has been confirmed to be played during Monday Night Football on ESPN at Half Time. There very likely wouldn't be one if it were the case of the movie being filmed still.

It's probably some troll online who hates the Sequels, trying to cause chaos and instill fear by spreading this rumour/misinformation.

And if this were the case, it'd be all over Reddit (i.g. r/StarWars, r/Movies)

meh, Disney star wars movies are ridding off the brand name of star wars. lets be real, if these movies didn't have that title, would they just go the way of any other high production action movie and be forgotten about in a few years? I see nothing special about these movies, feels less like art and a passion project and more like an engineered cash grab.

Star Wars died when George Lucas and the passion he had for his own product was sold. The Walt Disney Company died when Roy Disney died in 1971. All that's left are corporate suits and some seriously nasty lawyers. In a private sector where many corporate acquisitions are highly engineered cash grabs.

While Disney impressively recouped their entire investment of LucasFilms last year, their stock price remains somewhat flat compared to a number of other Dow Jones stocks in a lengthy bull market. Which translates into a formula for predictable box office returns sufficient to pacify shareholders- not moviegoers.

- Profitable mediocrity.

I wouldn't look for creative genius under such circumstances, let alone any serious pandering to fans. But it's likely to be sufficient to keep revenues steady for shareholders who don't buy Disney stock to get rich, but keep their capital safe in a global economy that may be inevitably on the verge of decline.

It's why I would expect the film to be on time. Not for the public, but for shareholders' equity and their quarterly bottom line. And as a horizontally-integrated company, Disney's film division isn't the only one dependent on getting this movie to the silver screen on time in the fourth quarter whether it's ready or not.

I didn't even see the last film. Hey....we have choices! And no, contrary to popular belief I did not kill Bambi. ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom