1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ruminating thoughts on random things.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wolf Prince, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince My future job title.

You dont have to be perfect. You just have to make the world think your two thirds of the way there.

If two plus two equals four. How often can you repeat the pattern until the answer is something else. And if you do get another answer is it fate? Or simple mathmatical error?

If two of us say yes to the same question and their are no wrong answers. How can you say one of us is right? Or is it your trying to get an answer that aligns with your own. There by saying one of us is right suggests you need the opinion of another to tell you your right. So you can believe the answer you have is the correct one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Darwin

Darwin Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

"Right" often is what most people in one's environment agree on. Morals are relative, that is, they differ in other societies; therefore, "right" and "wrong" are not absolute. They are only absolute for members of that certain society.

Even mathematics is not necessarily absolute. Mathematics is a way of expressing our thoughts and interpreting them into a written language. People who think differently might not agree with us on some concepts in mathematics. That’s why mathematics is not absolute either.
    I don’t think that there is anything absolute in this world. Simply, because perception is relative. We process information in ways that can be different than how others process them. Isn’t that what neuro-diversity means? Don’t some of them suffer in learning mathematics, which was created and is taught by neurotypical people? Couldn’t it be that the reason for their suffering is that because they think differently? Isn’t that the same as saying that they do not agree on the concepts of mathematics that they do not understand? I think that this is very likely the case.

(Most people say that "right" is absolute, and it is what their religions call for. But how many religions are there?)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Exactly! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tducey

tducey Well-Known Member

Why is the sky blue? If there's a New York where's Old york?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aspychata

Aspychata My Art Work

Why then do two wrongs not make a right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. SolarPoweredNightOwl

SolarPoweredNightOwl Walking contradiction

Because two wrongs make a circle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member

No absolutes. Just cultural or religious beliefs.
    The best you can do is think for yourself and not believe something just because that's how it was
    told to you from child up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NothingToSeeHere

NothingToSeeHere Asexuowl V.I.P Member

If heavy things don't fall faster then why can't whales fly?

Old York is in Old England, but since we're lazy we just call them York and England.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  9. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Is it because they are not aerodynamic and lack wings?

However they could be carried in a special tank, and beamed up by Scottie to save the world in the future....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Made of special transparent aluminum: (AlN)x·(Al2O3)1-x, 0.30 ≤ x ≤ 0.37 Aluminium oxynitride :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member

One of my favourite original series movies!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1