• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rules on Profanity in Music?

maycontainthunder

May also contain missing cakes.
V.I.P Member
Firstly I must say that I am not questioning the rules on profanity. The issue is some of the tracks I listen to do contain profanity so obviously I can't embed them like normal because that would deservedly fall foul of the rules.

If I were to just post the artist and song title along with a trigger warning would this be allowed?

No, posting a Trigger Warning would not be sufficient.

That would be in effect saying "Hey the content of this video
violates the language policy, but I figure that'll be OK because,
after all, I'm acknowledging the *bad words.*"

Thanks @tree, I suspected that it could still be an issue hence the question. I'd rather ask than cause upset, I know some are triggered by this.

I have zero desire to be the cause of distress to another member.

Last edited:
I take it the artist did not make a track without explicit language? Some do give you the choice by offering one with, one without.

I take it the artist did not make a track without explicit language? Some do give you the choice by offering one with, one without.

Some tracks only have one expletive in them and that is one too many. 99.99% of the time it adds nothing to the track. I've learnt to pay it no attention but... If I embed the clean version someone on here could find the unclean version and get triggered. I'll stick to the original being clean to start with!

New Threads

Top Bottom