• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Caelix3

I like roleplaying but I always struggle with what to say next. Or how to react to certain things. My characters always tend to be shy and awkward like me. I don't know how to be outgoing and stuff. It is quite a struggle for me. I also had to quit a few Tumblr roleplays because I couldn't come up with plots for my character. I wish I could role-play and not get really bad anxiety. I'm always afraid I will break some rules or something, or rub a character off the wrong way. Role-plays, where I have to write a lot, are also hard for me. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Me and my good friend role-play sometimes. Both of us is shy people. When we do role-play, we just let things unfold. We tend to add some jokes time to time. I make sure I understand all my friends characters so I can come up with things that relate to them and seems my friend does the same.

Writing can be hard for me but I feel the more I do it, the better I get at it.

Yeah, I'm like you. I want to run the Table Top RPG, Vampire: The Masquerade with my friends as a Storyteller and I was really nervous because I can't think of things on the fly so easily. I had to really think out how I wanted the story to go and that took months. On top of not having such a good imagination for storytelling, I also have problems with sorting out when I'm going to do things, as a result it can take months to think of a story that lasts for about three hours.

But I also like to roleplay on my own. I roleplay Skyrim a lot, playing with mods, creating some interesting characters outside of how I am and seeing where that leads. If it's having trouble trying to act like someone you're not, try roleplaying in a single player game like Skyrim and see if you can ease yourself into doing it.

Yeah, I'm like you. I want to run the Table Top RPG, Vampire: The Masquerade with my friends as a Storyteller and I was really nervous because I can't think of things on the fly so easily. I had to really think out how I wanted the story to go and that took months. On top of not having such a good imagination for storytelling, I also have problems with sorting out when I'm going to do things, as a result it can take months to think of a story that lasts for about three hours.

But I also like to roleplay on my own. I roleplay Skyrim a lot, playing with mods, creating some interesting characters outside of how I am and seeing where that leads. If it's having trouble trying to act like someone you're not, try roleplaying in a single player game like Skyrim and see if you can ease yourself into doing it.
I mean I have played fallout before and been evil. But not outgoing. I'll try Skyrim, I just need to check if I have it.

New Threads

Top Bottom