• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

RIP: Sondra Locke

THAT was the name of the book! Holy moly, what a weird way for me to find out! I've spent years trying to remember the name of a sad book I read over a decade ago. For some reason, I got it confused with Heart of Darkness.

I didn't know there was a movie of the book.

THAT was the name of the book! Holy moly, what a weird way for me to find out! I've spent years trying to remember the name of a sad book I read over a decade ago. For some reason, I got it confused with Heart of Darkness.

I didn't know there was a movie of the book.

Well, it's a fifty-year old film. Tells you how old Alan Arkin is, still in the biz.

Such a sad story though.

Last edited:
RIP Sondra

Sondra_20Locke.jpg

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter is gripping to be sure in its movie forms and Ms Locke may her soul be at rest was spellbinding in her part but the book by Carson Mcullers is something of magic. Once five pages in one simply cannot put it down. In addition, i might suggest one watch the movie, The Outlaw Josey Wales to get a better representation of Ms Lockes early work. The movie versions of The Heart is a Lonely Hunter vary from the original book version. The book OutLaw Josey Wales, by Forest Carter is word-for-word. Please note that the outlaw Josey Wales is not for the faint of heart. It is quite violent but true to is period. RIP Sandra Locke.

New Threads

Top Bottom