• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

RIP: Bruno Ganz

I never even heard of the Hitler series, since I haven't watched tv in many years. I was an admirer of Ganz long before that, one of the rare actors who inspires you to go deeply into the roles they play.

I never even heard of the Hitler series, since I haven't watched tv in many years. I was an admirer of Ganz long before that, one of the rare actors who inspires you to go deeply into the roles they play.

Actually "Downfall" was a 2004 feature film released in Germany- not a television mini series.

For some reason I always remembered Bruno Ganz in a bit part as a genetics scientist in "The Boys From Brazil" (1978). When he was enthusiastically explaining to a character played by Laurence Olivier the wonders of the possibilities involved with human cloning.

Where Olivier's character soberly explains just who in this instance was being cloned.

"Not Mozart. Not Picasso. Not a genius who would enrich the world. But a lonely little boy with a domineering father, a customs officer who was 52 when he was born. And an affectionate doting mother who was 29. The father died when he was 65 when the boy was nearly 14..... Adolf Hitler."

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom