• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

RIP Betty White

f840422a1899a95fc97bb265f9273cba

Betty White Is Gorgeous in These Never-Before-Seen Photos From Her Early Career

Apparently she told several people that she was not afraid of death because she knew that her soulmate, a man whose name I can't remember atm but who died of cancer 40 years ago, would be waiting for her on the other side. I guess he decided he couldn't wait any longer.

She was not only acting full time well into her 90s, but winning awards for her acting. Most actors simply withdraw from the world as they get old, and rot away in the crumbling ruins of the mansions they bought decades ago when they were famous and well paid, but Betty was putting in a key supporting role on the TV show Hot in Cleveland up until the show was canceled in 2015. Acting in a weekly TV series is not easy for much younger actors, but she was 93 when Hot In Cleveland was canceled!

She said a couple years ago that she lived so long because she didn't eat green colored foods. THAT I can understand. :D

I should put that photo with the Emmy statue on a TV up on Antique Radios Forum and see if they can identify the TV. They love a challenge. :p

Her first marriage, to a returning WW2 pilot who was repatriated to the US via the Port of Los Angeles, failed after a few months because he insisted she move to his family's chicken ranch in Ohio and be a housewife. Apparently she didn't realize that was part of the deal, so she dumped him and hopped on the next train for Los Angeles. :eek::p

Wonderful legendary woman, also known as the First Lady of TV... one of my most favorite roles was her sassy character on Mary Tyler Moore show. Also loved that she advocated for animals and never let age get the best of her. And loved that the last several New Years were dedicated to protecting Betty White AT ALL COSTS.

Rest in Peace

Very sad. It hit me only the other day just how many celebrities in various pursuits have passed on this year in particular. One more to add to a list of just too many people I recognized.

Makes me feel mighty old.

RIP Betty, and thanks for the laughs.

I cried a few tears for her today, while working out.. It isn’t like me to cry - doesn’t happen often.

:disrelieved:

I thought then that by now she may be up there with her soul mate, or maybe chatting with Ruth.

Sad that she died. It is sort of odd that she went right before turning 100 years old and looked so healthy during the interview she did a few days ago. I actually thought Danny Bonaduce, Charlie Sheen, and Keith Richards would have died before Betty given the former three did all of those drugs for decades that should have killed them.

She was such a sweet woman who knew exactly how to make a crowd laugh. I've loved her since I was a little girl, eating Lucky Charms and watching Golden Girls in with my grandma.

As a little kid, it's funny, even though I was so young, I was extremely judgmental about the character and values of each one of The Golden Girls. I thought Sophia was crabby, Dorothy was a jerk, Blanche was a hussy, but Rose, I just loved her to pieces.

New Threads

Top Bottom