• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Researcher's blog - The Autism Anthropologist

Azul

When searching about autism I ended up reading an article by Ben Belek which I found very interesting, and later I found his blog.
What most struck me was that, as an anthropologist, and not a "hard" scientist, this researcher have a much more empathetic view on autistic experience. His field of work also offers another perspective closer to the actual experiences and societal dynamics of autistics and autism.

The Autism Anthropologist

Anyone knows his publications? What do you think of it?

I'm not familiar with this writer, but I am definitely going to check him out. Thank you for sharing. I am a doctoral researcher in linguistics (and some philology) intersected with autism, and I am just now starting to see the importance of "anthropolinguistics" in my own work. Are you also interested in Anthropology? I think that a lot more autistic scholars need to be publishing in this area.

Thanks again for sharing the link, and I would love to chat with you some time about the article. I don't get to use this forum often, but if you are interested, send me a private message sometime:)

Blessings,
N

New Threads

Top Bottom