• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Research Study Opportunity for Autistic Students

Hello, I'm looking for participants for my dissertation, and I would be really grateful if anyone here could lend 5-10 minutes of their time to take part in my survey. I am a masters student at the University of Edinburgh, and my study is about exploring some of the challenges that autistic university students face with online learning during the pandemic. I will also be looking into how technology might play a role in alleviating these problems.

If you meet these criteria, you can take part in the study:
  • You are 18 or over.
  • You are currently studying in university / college, or have recently graduated or left the university / college.
  • You have either been diagnosed with autism, or you are self-diagnosed with autism.
At the end of the survey, you will have a chance to enter a prize draw to win one of five £20 Amazon gift cards.

Here is the link to the survey: Perception of Online Learning During COVID-19 Pandemic

Thank you, and if you have any questions or comments at all, you can reach out to me via the contact details in the survey, but I'll also be keeping an eye on this thread for any replies :) I'm also happy to share the results with anyone who is interested in the outcome, once the study has been completed.

Hello, I'm looking for participants for my dissertation, and I would be really grateful if anyone here could lend 5-10 minutes of their time to take part in my survey. I am a masters student at the University of Edinburgh, and my study is about exploring some of the challenges that autistic university students face with online learning during the pandemic. I will also be looking into how technology might play a role in alleviating these problems.

If you meet these criteria, you can take part in the study:
  • You are 18 or over.
  • You are currently studying in university / college, or have recently graduated or left the university / college.
  • You have either been diagnosed with autism, or you are self-diagnosed with autism.
At the end of the survey, you will have a chance to enter a prize draw to win one of five £20 Amazon gift cards.

Here is the link to the survey: Perception of Online Learning During COVID-19 Pandemic

Thank you, and if you have any questions or comments at all, you can reach out to me via the contact details in the survey, but I'll also be keeping an eye on this thread for any replies :) I'm also happy to share the results with anyone who is interested in the outcome, once the study has been completed.
What type of data will you require of the participants?

What type of data will you require of the participants?
The survey questions are mostly multiple choice questions about what participants feel are advantages or disadvantages to online learning compared to face-to-face learning. The survey also asks for demographic information such as age, gender, and which year in university / college studies they are in. The full information sheet and consent form is at the beginning of the survey as well, including information on how data will be kept strictly confidential.

The survey questions are mostly multiple choice questions about what participants feel are advantages or disadvantages to online learning compared to face-to-face learning. The survey also asks for demographic information such as age, gender, and which year in university / college studies they are in. The full information sheet and consent form is at the beginning of the survey as well, including information on how data will be kept strictly confidential.
I took the survey, but had to fib to move forward with it.
I'm no longer in school, so I went ahead and said I was just to see where it would lead.
I gave all neutral answers to it but didn't provide an email address for further discussion.
Some may not understand that part and as a staff member, I have an obligation to assure them they are not getting duped.
My participation in the survey has already skewed the results of it as what I entered just to see what happened next was basically false.

Maybe you need to assure others that personal information will only be used if they choose to interact with you instead of it being an unknown factor going in.

I took the survey, but had to fib to move forward with it.
I'm no longer in school, so I went ahead and said I was just to see where it would lead.
I gave all neutral answers to it but didn't provide an email address for further discussion.
Some may not understand that part and as a staff member, I have an obligation to assure them they are not getting duped.
My participation in the survey has already skewed the results of it as what I entered just to see what happened next was basically false.

Maybe you need to assure others that personal information will only be used if they choose to interact with you instead of it being an unknown factor going in.

That's a good point, I did try to make it clear both in the brief and the interview participation page that survey participants do not need to take part in the interview, but I will add a sentence in the survey just to make it extra clear that leaving an email is optional. Thanks for pointing that out. And don't worry about your response skewing the analyses, I will be removing outliers during data cleaning.

New Threads

Top Bottom