• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relief - my main Christmas was yesterday and done

Pats

V.I.P Member
Stressful getting ready for my family's Christmas get together and I'm really happy that they all make great efforts to do our family things and everyone is there. It went great, lots of fun - even through the noise and chaos. Everyone brought plenty of food, don't know why we do that - there's always way too much food. But what is it that a few bites of this and that and you're full and you've eaten so little. But everyone picked at the food all day and still everyone had plenty of everything to take home.

We always do the Dirty Santa, and this year was mostly funny gifts. The kids draw names and do the secret Santa. I joined in with them this year - getting my granddaughter's name, I got her this llama that dances. She opened it, yelling "The booty shaking llama! It's just what I wanted!" She ran all around showing everyone how it shakes it's booty. I wish I could be that expressive. :) Last year we invented a game for the kids and they wanted it this year, too, but we changed it up a little We filled enough stockings for each and they'd pass them around while the music played and whatever stocking they were holding when the music stops, they reach in and pull out one toy. I like this game - those few little ones that don't quite know how to join in the group and might stand back and watch others have fun are just as much in the game as everyone and having a good time. Except one - he really had no interest in playing and I think it was too chaotic for him. (Not the grandson I usually talk about). This one, his mom was saying yesterday that she was feeling pretty certain "he had it". But he never plays with others, has no interest in playing with others and does not want touched or held. I know I've babysat him and his baby sister and he preferred to pretend she was not there. I went to pick him up and he was so stiff - I didn't know it was possible to become that stiff. He's only 4, but the only way to play with him is pushing something back and forth with him - either a ball or a toy car, whatever rolls. That's kind of the only way to get him to acknowledge you.

I almost stayed at my daughter's again last night because I was so tired. I sleep on the couch so when I'm there, I'm up late because my son in law is still up and then up early early with my daughter and the kids. But, even though it was dark (7ish) I went ahead and drove home. Glad I did because driving at night my eye's were wide open (not sure if I blinked lol), where if I had waited until today I would have been drowsy, squinting from the sun, making it harder to keep them open. And it's good to be home, in the safety and comfort of my own home. So, as fun as it was, glad it's over with, and now I can relax, and chill the rest of the year. :)

Oh and Cubby and Milkbud stay upstairs now when I'm gone and I guess Cubby jumped out my grandson's window and had my grandson on a chase through the woods and briars. lol Guess it'll teach them not to have any openings in the house. They've got to learn, he's an escape dog - he comes back, he just likes to escape and run, but I worry about the road we live on. And worry about the neighbors because everyone is afraid of him because his size. Even though he's the last to worry about. Milkbud - bishon frise/poodle takes treats from him and he just begs for it back but afraid to go get it. And if anyone ever broke in - he'd probably just lay there and watch - probably wag his tail hoping they'll pet him while they're here. Or wondering if they'll leave the door open. lol

Ok, I'm done - doing nothing today and enjoying it. :)

upload_2019-12-16_13-25-18.png

That sounds great, glad it went so well, and that you can relax now. Enjoy the peace!

Thanks Pats, l was able to enjoy xmas joy thru your post without the cooking and shopping which l am feeling kinda of guilty about!

But l take care of older people and l am making it a point to smile and bring lots of happiness to their holidays! I brought one lady a little gift, and l can tell she was very surprised. Another lady here, l bring in little treats for her cat. And take pics of them in front of the xmas tree for them.

Thank you again, and may your holidays be quiet and no runaway dogs or reindeer.

79700120_10216406779030528_6333904437391654912_o.jpg

Thought you might enjoy this picture - one of the dirty Santa gifts. It got the most laughs anyway.

It is a relief to get through Christmas. Merry Christmas, Ms Pats. I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday.

We leave tomorrow for Mexico, all presents have been distributed, I'm cleaning out the frig to get rid of stuff that would rot while we're away, and starting to pack my suitcase - which is very easy for Mexico, LOL, consisting of shorts, jeans and t-shirts, flip flops, walking shoes, swim suit and beach coverups.

My biggest stressor so far has been dealing with the bank about exchanging American dollars for pesos in peso face amounts (denominations) I want. The bank clerk was so stupid that she didn't understand that I want pesos in the form of $1000 peso notes. I don't want thousands of $1 peso notes. (The symbol $ is used for both US dollars and pesos). It literally took me an hour to get it through her head that Mexican peso notes come in different denominations - just like American dollars come in different denominations - and she is supposedly the head of foreign currency for that bank!

It is a relief to get through Christmas. Merry Christmas, Ms Pats. I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday.

We leave tomorrow for Mexico, all presents have been distributed, I'm cleaning out the frig to get rid of stuff that would rot while we're away, and starting to pack my suitcase - which is very easy for Mexico, LOL, consisting of shorts, jeans and t-shirts, flip flops, walking shoes, swim suit and beach coverups.

My biggest stressor so far has been dealing with the bank about exchanging American dollars for pesos in peso face amounts (denominations) I want. The bank clerk was so stupid that she didn't understand that I want pesos in the form of $1000 peso notes. I don't want thousands of $1 peso notes. (The symbol $ is used for both US dollars and pesos). It literally took me an hour to get it through her head that Mexican peso notes come in different denominations - just like American dollars come in different denominations - and she is supposedly the head of foreign currency for that bank!
Wow. It's irritating having to try to explain to someone who supposedly knows what they're doing, what they need to do.

I hope you have a relaxing trip and Merry Christmas to you.

New Threads

Top Bottom