• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relationship or Not

margie

I am a 50 yo professional NT. I met a wonderful aspie last year online. We went out once and had a wonderful time. He promised to contact me but, never did. He is a high level exec and very focused on his work. 11 months later we reconnected by accident. He explained he got busy with work. This time he really seemed interested. We were physically intimate and it was amazing for both of us. This happened three times each one was better. He has not been unavailable since. When I call him he is always busy tells me he will call back but, never does. He makes other promises he does not keep. Last weekend he told me we were going to meet and then I never heard back. I text him and he does not answer. I got frustrated over the weekend and sent him an email stating that although I cared for him. I could not deal with the lack of respect and caring. I have not heard back and really like him. He is a terrible workaholic and his dad is ill. What should I do?

Not to be mean, but the proverbial handwriting is on the wall. Sounds like this is not so much an Aspie thing, but more the tendency of my sex to behave in this fashion. Move on.

I am sorry to inform you that this man does not appear to be interested in pursuing a relationship with you. It's not so much an Aspie thing, the lack of follow-up is pretty much universal language for just not being that invested.

welcome.png

You better move on. It will not change. Why are you hanging on? Why are you persisting in something that is clearly not good for you? If he calls you back hold your guns. Say it is over and you have moved on. Hard to get over aspies for some reason? Why? I think it is lack of closure and the dream.?

You better move on. It will not change. Why are you hanging on? Why are you persisting in something that is clearly not good for you? If he calls you back hold your guns. Say it is over and you have moved on. Hard to get over aspies for some reason? Why? I think it is lack of closure and the dream.?
I am sorry to inform you that this man does not appear to be interested in pursuing a relationship with you. It's not so much an Aspie thing, the lack of follow-up is pretty much universal language for just not being that invested.
Thanks you your input. It was really good and had a lot of potential. Your right I deserve to be treated better. He is already in a relationship with himself.

One word that sums it up !!!!

Yes, and that is to this, not to your main question.

I am actually not one for limited vocabularly, but in truth, we get so many nts on here asking if they should pursue a relationship with an aspie, that well, I used your subject as my guideline on here.

Yes, and that is to this, not to your main question.

I am actually not one for limited vocabularly, but in truth, we get so many nts on here asking if they should pursue a relationship with an aspie, that well, I used your subject as my guideline on here.
Not sure what you mean

He is a high level exec and very focused on his work.

He is a terrible workaholic and his dad is ill.

No point in being a mistress to a man married to his work, first and foremost. Otherwise you will always be a distant "second" in such a relationship. A social dynamic where neurology is not the primary issue or concern. You have my condolences.

Don't walk away from such a person. Run.

Thanks Why am I so dumb
You are not dumb. Aspies sometimes overshoot. We really try hard and master the art of relationships to a point. We do care. So what I think happens is we are really into the other person. We give them so much care and attention and we do mean it. But then we can't keep it up because it's not the way relationships are. In the meantime, the person we are dating is thinking WOW, no one ever paid attention to me like THAT. No one asked about my ineterests and all.......so whe we go away, they want that back.

It happens to us, too. People get really curious about US and want to knonw more and we think about them after, too.

It all depends on so much......

But intense realtionships are better off not had. When they end, wow, they never end in your head.

No point in being a mistress to a man married to his work, first and foremost. Otherwise you will always be a distant "second" in such a relationship. A social dynamic where neurology is not the primary issue or concern. You have my condolences.

Don't walk away from such a person. Run.
Thanks so much, I know what I need to do but, it's hard.

New Threads

Top Bottom