• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Regarding the @Member Feature

Loren

V.I.P Member
This is perhaps, trivial, but, I am wondering if it is possible to write the name of a member, (when referring to a comment or whatnot), without the @ symbol, automatically, attaching itself and, respectively, attracting attention/ alerting the member, unnecessarily. It makes me feel uncomfortable, somehow. I dont remember this occuring in the past, but, perhaps I simply hadnt noticed it. Although, I thought I had read that the @ would need to be attached, manually, if one wanted to alert a member. Thanks in advance, for any pertinent knowledge/advice.

Last edited:
Yes the @ does need to be used in order for the person to get a Notification about the comment/post that they're being mentioned in

Yes the @ does need to be used in order for the person to get a Notification about the comment/post that they're being mentioned in
Thank you. Can you tell me if it normally, automatically, attaches itself to a name? Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my initial post.

The @, currently, automatically, attaches itself, in my case. I would like to be able to make the applicable adjustments to my settings, if there are any, to prevent it from occuring, going forward. Thanks, again.

Thank you. Can you tell me if it normally, automatically, attaches itself to a name? Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my initial post.

The @, currently, automatically, attaches itself, in my case. I would like to be able to make the applicable adjustments to my settings, if there are any, to prevent it from occuring, going forward. Thanks, again.

I don't remember seeing a setting like that and it doesn't happen for me; your issue seems to be unique, maybe try asking @Brent about it? He's the Head Administrator and current site curator

I don't remember seeing a setting like that and it doesn't happen for me; your issue seems to be unique, maybe try asking @Brent about it? He's the Head Administrator and current site curator
Thank you very much!

Loren Isadoorian no it doesn't happen for me either.
Thank you for letting me know. It happened several weeks, ago. I just returned, here, after being away for several weeks, and it has happened, again. Thus, I thought, maybe it has always occured and I simply hadnt noticed. Thank you, both.

Thank you for letting me know. It happened several weeks, ago. I just returned, here, after being away for several weeks, and it has happened, again. Thus, I thought, maybe it has always occured and I simply hadnt noticed. Thank you, both.

yw

You get notifications for @member messages in chat, but not in forum posts.(at least in my case). Quoting and replying however, give a notification.

It doesn't happen for me either on Windows or Android. I do use the feature intentionally sometimes when I'm replying to someone directly, but it's not happened automatically that I've ever noticed.

This is perhaps, trivial, but, I am wondering if it is possible to write the name of a member, (when referring to a comment or whatnot), without the @ symbol, automatically, attaching itself and, respectively, attracting attention/ alerting the member, unnecessarily. It makes me feel uncomfortable, somehow. I dont remember this occuring in the past, but, perhaps I simply hadnt noticed it. Although, I thought I had read that the @ would need to be attached, manually, if one wanted to alert a member. Thanks in advance, for any pertinent knowledge/advice.

I'm not able to fully understand what you issue you are trying to overcome. Like for example, I can post Loren typed out with no notification attached, or got this route where I copy/pasted your name from the lower part of the page where it posts like this: Loren

If that's not the case, what type of device are you working with so we can try to duplicate your results

I'm not able to fully understand what you issue you are trying to overcome. Like for example, I can post Loren typed out with no notification attached, or got this route where I copy/pasted your name from the lower part of the page where it posts like this: Loren

If that's not the case, what type of device are you working with so we can try to duplicate your results

Thanks very much. For example: I commented on a thread, yesterday, referring to Major Tom and Sportster's comments, by, simply stating their names, without the use of the @ symbol, however, after I posted my comment, the @ was attached to both names. I hope this is a more helpful explanation.

It has happened on both, my PC/ laptop and my iPhone. I have only noticed it on 3, separate occasions. Thank you for your help!

Loren
Nitro
tree

The above is what happens when I enter a name.
No @ sign appears.

Major Tom
Sportster

Nope.
To get an at sign/@ I have to intentionally select that character.

I don't use a phone.
I do use only a PC.
No lap top.

@Nitro
Just trying it out.
To see if I could duplicate the event.
I cannot.
(I intentionally used the @)

Thank you. Perhaps it was a glitch or the like. All good, and thank you, again!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom