• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reflections

Soleil

I really like looking at reflections, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's a form of visual stimming, isn't it?

Not mirrors though. Mirrors kind of freak me out sometimes (I'm always afraid I'll see something in the mirror that's not there in real life). At night though, I'm straight-up terrified.

But reflections in other things: windows, TV/ phone screens, puddles, shiny floors... I could get lost and stare into them forever, seeing what I can see in them.

As a kid I used to look at reflections in water all the time and mess with them by dropping things in to make them ripple, but that might be due to the fact I was just drawn to water. I also would reflect light off of things like toy mirrors and metal objects, and make the little dot of light move around in patterns for awhile.

As a photographer I'm hyper visual anyway, constantly analyzing what I'm seeing with my eyes, in a manner of speaking I rarely even relax, always analytical with my photography...

As for reflections? It's a common theme with photographers and artists, whether NT or not...

Last edited:
reminds me of lyrics from a song I'm particulary fond of ...I look to the sea, reflections on the waves
spark my memories, some happy, some sad...

I like looking into a fire, and now I have a woodburner to watch the flames, and the way the wood changes as it burns. And crackles.

I can be a bit of a perfectionist,

seeing the reflection of blue skies and cloud formation in my house windows means they're as clean and streak free as they can be when viewed from outdoors.

Same thing after I've just washed and waxed the car.
Polished the sink, cooker, kitchen tiles, cutlery and so on.

In that respect, reflection makes me very happy :)

Still pond and lake surfaces are captivating.

New Threads

Top Bottom