• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recurring interest

watersprite

lost
V.I.P Member
Anyone care to explain this in non technical terms? I am not a math student, just trying to chase a few ideas because I think the ideas relate to my abstract paintings. Brain is enjoying geometries, as the categories my mind files information into become subjects in their own right.

39F5548C-74F7-495F-8F16-052F03EBF703.jpeg

It looks like a substitution cypher

It may be that each letter has a base value that is adjusted by a mathematical formula

Last edited:
Heres a chunky bit to chew on from j arguelles " the Mayan factor". Tzolkin
20210202_104718.jpg

Sorry it's a bit crooked, bad copy. Binary number system in base thirteen one dot, two dot, three dot, four dot, then a bar which equals five

I remember those! Choose your own adventure! I smell cut grass and swimming pool chlorine, I think I hear an ice cream truck in the distance

The sort just looks like letter frequencies filed in alphabetic order to me where both strings are equal. What am I missing?

Yes to me it suggests that simple of a system too.
Supposedly it has to do with the uniqueness of an object being describable or perhaps deliniated mathematically.
That math is what I was hoping to hear more about, in as straightforward a way as possible.

Perhaps K A has some good tutorials.

It's too bad you cant get wiki to talk out loud. I can almost understand it. I bet if there were like six of us explaining it to each other we would be able to understand it.

Ok so I got part of it I think. The middle or sorted string is alphabetical. Since there are two "a" characters in both other strings then the sorted string shows two "a"s in a row.

I think this one is like trying to understand higher mathematics, one needs to understand the symbols first

Anyone care to explain this in non technical terms? I am not a math student, just trying to chase a few ideas because I think the ideas relate to my abstract paintings. Brain is enjoying geometries, as the categories my mind files information into become subjects in their own right.

View attachment 68872

What is the question you're looking to have answered here?
You have two strings that are anagrams of each other, and a sorted version of their letters in the middle, which would of course be the same for each since they are anagrams.

If there is a geometry and math that represents these unique objects as the article mentions.

I suspect @Skittlebisquit is right & I should start with the symbols.

Also, ah a bit way out there; I’m wondering if this is perhaps how our brains order and discern information.

If there is a geometry and math that represents these unique objects as the article mentions.

I suspect @Skittlebisquit is right & I should start with the symbols.

Also, ah a bit way out there; I’m wondering if this is perhaps how our brains order and discern information.

What article are we talking about?
I feel like I'm missing a key piece of information here.. lol

What article are we talking about?
I feel like I'm missing a key piece of information here.. lol

In Post #8.

Looking at it didn't help me any.....
I don't know what the first and eighth posts have to do with each other.

In Post #8.

Looking at it didn't help me any.....
I don't know what the first and eighth posts have to do with each other.

Ahh, I see. I didn't see the image from the OP the first time I looked at the link in Post #8. So, I didn't see the relationship between them either.

In any case, I'm only really familiar with canonical forms/normalization where it pertains to computing stuff. Not really the mathematical side of things.
But essentially, they're just talking about how we identify a particular thing as unique for the purposes of comparing equality between things.

I guess in the case of the OP example, it looks like from the subtext under the image in the article, they are using multisets as their form of normalization for that example, so to determine if the two strings are equivalent, they sort them into their respective character sets first and then can do an equality comparison on the sorted string to determine if they are "the same".

At least, that's my understanding.

Thanks @Varzar and sorry @tree for the somewhat weird mind meandering.

That sorting you mention is what I was after.

So in the case of these 2 strings of characters, their goal is to see if they’re unique, so they sort them to compare them.
This is what I wanted to know. I’ll have to dig into the math quite a bit to see if I can get some understanding of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom