• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recommendations Tab

Sev

I noticed earlier today that a 'recommendations' tab was added to AspiesCentral - this feature looks pretty cool. I was wondering however what "exactly" the recommendations tab does, though, this isn't the primary concern of this thread. I've just noticed that I've been suffering a tremendous amount of lag whenever exploring the recommendations tab, I'm guessing this could be a result of it running an algorithm to develop its recommendation list. Is the lag problem just on my end, or is it server side?

*edit*

As Oni is having the same problem it appears to be a server side issue. I've attempted to scrounge through the code myself but the server 'times out' every time I attempt to view the source code. However, based on what I observe through using the webpage, it looks like the lag might be caused by the responsive nature of the webpage, as opposed the static nature used by the rest of AC.
Brent Is it possible to convert from a responsive page to a static page? Of course, this might not be a solution, simply my thoughts on the matter. *Just trying to help*

Last edited:
Compared to other pages on the forum it does load really slow, so for what it's worth it could be on the server side.

However, perhaps Brent could clear it up for us? I know nothing of the inner workings and tech side of the forum

New Threads

Top Bottom