• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Really loud pipe aaaaa

Rat

I'm in my room rn and this pipe connected to my toilet is making a really loud noise. Its so loud it sounds like power tools are being used in my room nonstop and its been like this for hours. I called the maintenance people and I looked into it and it doesn't seem like its going to explode or something but it being super loud is really stressing me out. It started at 2 am as well which isn't making it any less stressful. Sorry for rambling but its really stressing me out aaaaaa. I hate the sound of power tools and this is basically that but non stop.

Maybe you're just looking to ramble and not looking for advice but I'm also sensitive to sounds- particularly ones I can't control. If you're like that as well and can deal with loud sounds you're in control of, I play thunderstorm sounds or white noise on youtube to drown out the sounds that upset me, which may be of use to you. Hope that maintenance can sort it out soon!

Maybe you're just looking to ramble and not looking for advice but I'm also sensitive to sounds- particularly ones I can't control. If you're like that as well and can deal with loud sounds you're in control of, I play thunderstorm sounds or white noise on youtube to drown out the sounds that upset me, which may be of use to you. Hope that maintenance can sort it out soon!
thankfully I got it to stop but when it was still on I just went outside to get away from it after a little since it was stressing me out. I drowned out the sound with my music for a bit but it was pretty loud and was overpowering the music a bit tbh. I felt bad for my rats and moved them out to my car because the noise was stressing them out a lot too :(. Thank you for the advice though.

I so empathise with you. It would drive me nuts and yep, I too cannot cope with power tools. The low humming noise, makes me want to scream.

I so empathise with you. It would drive me nuts and yep, I too cannot cope with power tools. The low humming noise, makes me want to scream.
I am used to dealing with power tools in the short term (I work in a job that uses power tools a decent amount. Not always but enough that I am used to it + I grew up around them). The pipe was non stop though which was horrible tbh.
Turn off the water if it happens again? The valve under the toilet.
I live in a dorm so I have no control over the water. I ended up just getting a plumber from the school to fix it so its thankfully stopped. Its also a strange toilet (built into the wall not the ground) so I had 0 idea how to fix it. If it was a normal toilet I'd be fine but since it was a weird model I just left it alone. I fix normal toilets at work (or at least I help fix them, I am not a plumber)
Noise canceling headphones if you have them?
I wish lol. I ended up just leaving my room and going outside tbh.
Rat, how did you stop the noise? I'm curious and toilets are a mystery to me (how they work).
I eventually flushed it and the noise stopped for a little so I just kept flushing it. Thankfully I got the plumber from my school to fix it. He basically just replaced some pipe clamps (at least I think he didn't explain, I just watched him for a little but i was sadly in class so I couldn't look into it too much).

New Threads

Top Bottom