• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reading on my phone

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
I like to read on my phone, but have not yet found any great sites. I read eragon 3 recently by downloading it, that was fun. Does any one have suggestions about where to find interesting fiction to read online?

I like to read on my phone, but have not yet found any great sites. I read eragon 3 recently by downloading it, that was fun. Does any one have suggestions about where to find interesting fiction to read online?
Try fan fiction sites type in what you are a fan of and it will take you to it .

also archive.org, go to register section ,register (after registering type the name of some fiction,choose what you like , then click in the page section at the top ,there a blue button with print disabled access ,then go to print disabled access register, for that it takes however long they can ,to process your application, I did it before covid, they are allowing a lot more to be loaned for 2 weeks!!! than an hour! so you will get it !

they have all forms of media ,everything is donated and they also need financial donations they are very grateful for ,

they have a large !!!building in the Richmond district of San Francisco .

so it's different from gutenberg.org who have copyright restrictions, but is still interesting ,try gutenberg Australia who seem to have a large book and magazine library pre 1970.

If there's a big (abe books,book depository in the UK, don't give samples as they only sell books that were intended for landfill,same with charities in the uk )book selling site there's always free books or samples.

The two largest fanfiction-sites that also include free published novels and stories unrelated to fandoms:

Home | Archive of Our Own
https://m.fanfiction.net/

Wattpad offers a lot of free literature but it forces you to make an account and there has been identity theft.

Try fan fiction sites type in what you are a fan of and it will take you to it .

also archive.org, go to register section ,register (after registering type the name of some fiction,choose what you like , then click in the page section at the top ,there a blue button with print disabled access ,then go to print disabled access register, for that it takes however long they can ,to process your application, I did it before covid, they are allowing a lot more to be loaned for 2 weeks!!! than an hour! so you will get it !

they have all forms of media ,everything is donated and they also need financial donations they are very grateful for ,

they have a large !!!building in the Richmond district of San Francisco .

so it's different from gutenberg.org who have copyright restrictions, but is still interesting ,try gutenberg Australia who seem to have a large book and magazine library pre 1970.

If there's a big (abe books,book depository in the UK, don't give samples as they only sell books that were intended for landfill,same with charities in the uk )book selling site there's always free books or samples.
You are obviously a genius. I am not that modern of a man, much of what you wrote I sadly dont understand.

The two largest fanfiction-sites that also include free published novels and stories unrelated to fandoms:

Home | Archive of Our Own
https://m.fanfiction.net/

Wattpad offers a lot of free literature but it forces you to make an account and there has been identity theft.
Thank you. I will try both. Currently have limited bandwidth issues on the phone. Supposedly one is said to be able to borrow a library book(Oregon,USA) locally to read on the device, and then it disappears somehow after a few weeks.

Thank you. I will try both. Currently have limited bandwidth issues on the phone. Supposedly one is said to be able to borrow a library book(Oregon,USA) locally to read on the device, and then it disappears somehow after a few weeks.
click the Wi-Fi sign on your phone if you go to cafes or some stores they have free Wi-Fi and you can use the internet for free it will save your data being eaten by using the internet ,not a genius, I have no social life ,whatsoever ,so I started using the internet 20 years ago ,I can rarely give a link to anything .
I meant type in archive.org (it's called internet archive as well)in a search engine like Google or bing and just read.

click the Wi-Fi sign on your phone if you go to cafes or some stores they have free Wi-Fi and you can use the internet for free it will save your data being eaten by using the internet ,not a genius, I have no social life ,whatsoever ,so I started using the internet 20 years ago ,I can rarely give a link to anything .
I meant type in archive.org (it's called internet archive as well)in a search engine like Google or bing and just read.
Thank you. You still seem like a genius to me.

Here is my happy thought, expressed as an image, of collected things. It is in a window facing the East.
20210323_095620.jpg

That potato was just laid on top of the soil in the pot, ....

another to try is tv transcripts, if you watch a series type that name into Google or bing and type tv transcripts after that ,you can read the script like a book on the internet .

I mostly read sci fi and fantasy. Im not totally sure but i think fan fiction would be like if i wrote an episode for a tv show, or told the back story of McGyver as a childe.

Reading is a drug to me. Its for resting days and also to turn off my engineering brain. I dont really knowe much about the modern world, and live a life of glorious isolation, on the edge of a vast wilderness, dirt roads, no cable tv, its pretty unusual from what i have heard.

Maybe the audible thing would be soothing too, i binged on disney plus again so all out of data for the month, i can use this site[ thank you admin for all you do and also for resisting the drive to have image rich websites], and like text news and stuff.

I think the answer may welle be to borrow books from the library, is that safe? It means downloading files, to a phone, then deleting the files after use.
I have already made some questionable choices in entertainment, with the phone, and it is still working fine, so hopefully i have not got a virus on it, and it is stable.

It keeps saying to update it, but i dont know what that is, and so i just dismiss it. Liklely i should update it? Isnt that how spyware works though? I doubt anyone would want to spy on me......

Its ez, water when needed, dont yell at the plants......
I recommend researching memory loss (remembering to do literally anything )from panic disorder,depression ,premenopause,I feed the cats because they move and make a high pitched noise, plants are very quiet, don't move very often.

I mostly read sci fi and fantasy. Im not totally sure but i think fan fiction would be like if i wrote an episode for a tv show, or told the back story of McGyver as a childe.

Reading is a drug to me. Its for resting days and also to turn off my engineering brain. I dont really knowe much about the modern world, and live a life of glorious isolation, on the edge of a vast wilderness, dirt roads, no cable tv, its pretty unusual from what i have heard.

Maybe the audible thing would be soothing too, i binged on disney plus again so all out of data for the month, i can use this site[ thank you admin for all you do and also for resisting the drive to have image rich websites], and like text news and stuff.

I think the answer may welle be to borrow books from the library, is that safe? It means downloading files, to a phone, then deleting the files after use.
I have already made some questionable choices in entertainment, with the phone, and it is still working fine, so hopefully i have not got a virus on it, and it is stable.

It keeps saying to update it, but i dont know what that is, and so i just dismiss it. Liklely i should update it? Isnt that how spyware works though? I doubt anyone would want to spy on me......
Another thing is tell your local library you are autistic you might be able to loan physical books magazines audio books,if you are concerned if someone contagious touches things like books they are irradiated to kill whatever

I know some libraries that let you borrow ebooks directly online without having to physically go there, it's probably safer and more hygienic in these covid times too.

Personally I have a Scribd subscription, there's a lot of books to choose from, I mostly read scifi and non fiction. It's $8.99 a month but I apparently can donate people a 60 days free trial? Let me know if you're interested.

New Threads

Top Bottom