• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Re-intro, haven't been here in years

tlc

The Mackinac Bridge and U.P. is my happy place.
I don't remember the last time I was here but I think it was in 2014 or 2015. Looks like the place has changed.

So I met someone who really seemed promising and had her junk together and after a year we got a house, since neither of us qualified for anything worthwhile in this area. I sold the one I had for over 17 years. At least I was finally out of the HOA and the new place is everything I wanted. Acreage, pole barn, basement, generator, strategically placed trees and eaves, very well constructed for 1985.

But turns out she's no better than anyone else. She's hostile, controlling, and a compulsive hoarder. I get one little corner in the unheated basement for my guitars and computer, and I've been sleeping on the couch for 4 months never to change. She packed the house full and little has moved from where she plopped it down, spider webs all over, new carpet is trashed, piles keep growing, really sad. I tried keeping a guitar upstairs but she would just pile things everyday so I couldn't get to it. She's also brainwashed my daughter into her way of thinking all dads are bad people including me. I'd like her to leave but I'm afraid of the false repercussions with her feminist connections. I've learned that it doesn't matter how many cops or lawyers you have, you can't actually make anybody do anything. All you can do is leave if you don't like it.

Well I've got a year and 2 months till my daughter graduates high school. Then I can legally leave this area and that day can't come fast enough. I'm seriously done here. Been thinking about it for a long time. I really hate it here. Have for a long time but I've been shackled by the court since 2003. The only thing I like is the lakes and peaceful places up north, but in person it's not even worth the hassle. I don't boat or swim. The lakeshores have gotten so slimy and mucky that it's just gross anymore. I'd rather watch footage on TV set to lite music, seriously. It's not worth the low paying seasonal jobs, the lack of affordable housing, the junk roads, dealing with the rude tourists most of the year (and having to treat them as royalty and you as a peasant), the constant dreary lake-effect weather, the explosion of micro breweries and wineries and the drunk drivers that come with it. Even my job has reinstated cigarette smoking in the building, despite Michigan laws. Which is the last straw for me. 20 years as an engineer and finally making 40k for the first time in my life, I'd hope I make at least that somewhere else but if I don't then I can live in a van down by the river, it'll just be me.

Just like the old house, can't get cable internet at the new house. Despite being on the busiest county road in the county. Another reason things must be better elsewhere. I'm on the same dialup connection I've been on since 1997. It's a good thing this forum runs with it, or I wouldn't be able to come back.

Sorry didn't mean to come back with bad news. Just took my daughter over to my dads before I have to drive her back tomorrow 350 miles. He kept pushing me to stay, and I almost did. But imagine that, it's the stupid cigarette smoking that dominates this area. I wasn't going to put up with his smoking, it was making me sick. I've told him that countless times, but again it's his house, it's up to me to leave. So I did. And when I take my daughter back, more smoke as her mom does. Every factory, gas station, store, restaurant, even medical clinic, doesn't matter. They're all standing out smoking. Want to play music? It's practically a requirement. You're an outcast if you don't smoke. If it's not everything else, this especially makes me feel like my place here has been eliminated. I came back to the hoard tonight for clean air, because it is at least smoke free.

Anyway that's my story. Don't need a reply. Don't know when I'll be back. Good night.

It's been awhile again. That was March? Well I refinanced into my name only, and bought her out, she accepted the deal. That was the end of May. She got a house the beginning of July. It took until yesterday, and a lawyer, to get her to actually move. Summer felt like a total waste.

So it's been a jumble of feelings since then. Happy that I can finally get some things done with the house before it starts snowing, it always snows once before Halloween. My stuff has been sitting in the pole barn and basement for 2 1/2 years since I moved it from my old house. Never even unpacked it. Sad that my best prospect of a partner didn't work, missing the life that was supposed to happen but was never going to. I know it takes two to fail and I know even though I bent over backwards for her, there are some things I didn't do. I don't think it would have changed anything important though.

And looking at this near empty house (she did leave a few things she didn't have room for) that was always jam packed, feeling totally lost. I don't really know what to do right now besides sit in my corner of the basement, I've lived on nothing for so long. Tons of serious cleaning to do, my mom is coming out tomorrow to help me. Wednesday I'm filling the propane tank and probably pumping the septic. I already got the pellets for this winter. Thursday the Stanley Steemer is coming to clean all the carpets, so I'm not moving anything in yet. She won't be parking in the garage anymore, so I can peck away at getting a workshop set up.

My daughter came and cleaned out her room and said she wasn't coming back. And for probably 6 months, had nothing but hateful messages to me and my parents. 17 years I did everything for her, now it's over.

Had a lot of health problems getting worse this year too. Had another blood clot last winter. Teeth acting up, I finally was able to get those taken care of last month and am preparing to get one replaced next year. Am losing a lot of blood inside and am very anemic. They did an upper and lower scope and thankfully didn't find anything in the colon but have an eroded esophagus and hiatal hernia. It's gotten to the point I can hardly eat anything, even jello won't go down. I go in for another scope on Thursday, hopefully they will able to accomplish something.

Got a "new" car, a rust free 1989 Ciera wagon. Love those cars. Was told it needed an engine, after driving it quite a bit, it's looking like it's fine. This will be my new summer car that will never see snow and hopefully I'll drive it for 20 more years.

Still can only get dialup internet and more and more sites aren't working. Viasat is conveniently not available in my area either. My power company is working on their own high speed internet for areas like mine where the cable company won't run lines. Should be another 2 years.

Well that's about it for now. Again.

New Threads

Top Bottom