• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rate the last movie you saw (new thread,can't find the original)

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Just got back from seeing Street Cat named Bob, 8/10 very good drama about a guy in London who becomes famous for Busking with a Ginger cat called Bob, it's based on a true story apparently.

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl

10/10

I love the whole pirate thing, I like reading about real life pirates too... I like the storyline, and the parts with the cursed skeletons fascinate me... and I got a massive soft spot for Jack Sparrow

Just got back from seeing Street Cat named Bob, 8/10 very good drama about a guy in London who becomes famous for Busking with a Ginger cat called Bob, it's based on a true story apparently.
ive read the book on streetcat bob,its very good and im looking forward to the film,the guy deserves a good life with bob after what he went through.

--------------
last film,probably finding dory,loved the colours but thought there should have been more detail on the fish,there should have been alot of media reporting before its release on how difficult regal tangs can be to look after if your new to fish,i only found articles worrying about it in practical fishkeeping magazine.
anyway,as for the film,i wasnt really following it much as i just loved the fish,i think the memory loss issue is good,my memory is like dorys.
i cant score it,didnt watch it all the way through fell asleep.

Rich Allen the other thread is here.

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl

10/10

I love the whole pirate thing, I like reading about real life pirates too... I like the storyline, and the parts with the cursed skeletons fascinate me... and I got a massive soft spot for Jack Sparrow
Curse of the Black Pearl was a great adventure flick, up there with the Indiana Jones and The Mummy series. I didn't like 2 or 3 that much and still haven't seen more than the first half of On Stranger Tides. I can't stand anything about it.

Hopefully the new one will be turn things around.

Rich Allen the other thread is here.

Curse of the Black Pearl was a great adventure flick, up there with the Indiana Jones and The Mummy series. I didn't like 2 or 3 that much and still haven't seen more than the first half of On Stranger Tides. I can't stand anything about it.

Hopefully the new one will be turn things around.

I liked Dead Mans Chest and At Worlds End... I couldn't stand On Stranger Tides.

To me there's too many POTC films to be honest, there's 5 up to now and plans are afoot to make more, there is such a thing as milking a franchise too much IMO.

It will get to a point that they run out of original ideas for storylines.
On Stranger Tides was already loosely based on an old book. To be fair to them it's hard to knock them for not using original stories when the entire franchise was based on a theme park ride in the first place.

To me there's too many POTC films to be honest, there's 5 up to now and plans are afoot to make more, there is such a thing as milking a franchise too much IMO.

Yep. De Ja Vu. I can remember decades ago complaining about the "Planet of the Apes" films. Expecting silly sequels that eventually would involve UFOs or Elvis Presley. Each successive film was worst than the earlier one.

Sad, given I thought the first two films were good and that they should have stopped there. But film inevitably is a business first, and art second.

Lovely Bones

From what I saw, 3/10. I got about halfway through and couldn't make it which is a shame because I remember loving the book. I just didn't think they did a good job with it.

Yep. De Ja Vu. I can remember decades ago complaining about the "Planet of the Apes" films. Expecting silly sequels that eventually would involve UFOs or Elvis Presley. Each successive film was worst than the earlier one.

Sad, given I thought the first two films were good and that they should have stopped there. But film inevitably is a business first, and art second.

Funny you should mention the Planet of the Apes films, I recently paid £3 in a Charity shop for a DVD box set of all 8 POTA movies including the old ones, just not had chance to watch any yet.

Funny you should mention the Planet of the Apes films, I recently paid £3 in a Charity shop for a DVD box set of all 8 POTA movies including the old ones, just not had chance to watch any yet.

ROTFLMAO. A word of advice. Watch the last film first and work your way back. It will be quite confusing, but at least you can look forward to the next film more than the last.

Otherwise enjoy the first two, and leave the rest in the box. ;)

I have the original and Tim Burton's remake on DVD myself. One of the very few remakes that matches or surpasses the original, IMO.

Last edited:
On the topic of Planet of the Apes. I thought the second movie and the Tim Burton movie were almost equally awful and not worth watching. The final movie isn't very good but 3 and 4 are solid. Not a patch on the first but still good.

The reboot series so far is great too.

Be warned though, 3 is set in the 1970s after the two main apes got caught in a time warp and is much more comedic than the others. The 4th movie follows on from that and shows apes start to rebel.

Star Trek Beyond, quite enjoyed it. It seemed more like the original series that I watched as a child. Fewer explosions and chases and noise, less dark and evil arch enemies, which I don't like anyway. Huge thumbs up for a calmer and more interesting plot and characters.

I watched Mary Poppins earlier.

Still a classic 50 odd years since it first came out.

Just got back from seeing Captain Underpants, very funny! 8.5/10 anyway.

Roll on the inevitable Captain Underpants 2.

Dunkirk:

The good: It's not boring, which is the worst offense a movie can commit. The movie is certainly violent, but doesn't really get gory, which is something too many films do these days.

The bad: There is more character development in a typical episode of Teletubbies: the movie is 3/4 over before the protagonists can be identified. You're supposed to cheer for the characters because they're not German, I guess. Non-linear storytelling, because Christopher Nolan.

Verdict: 7/10. Luckily, I don't penalize for the pre-movie commercials, one of which contained the greatest Canadian TV theme ever and thus annoyed me a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom