• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rant: Emails

Alaric593

My first day back at work in four months and I come back to 3,723 emails.

What is the point of the automatic message that I'm out on leave if no one is going to pay attention to it?

<Darth Sidious voice> "UNLIMMMMMIIITED EMMMMAIIIIILS"

Last edited:
No worries. All this high technology is inherently designed to make our lives easier. :rolleyes:

Imagine living- and working in a world which once had no personal computers. -I can. I did. A time when I actually enjoyed manual paperwork. When most everything in the workplace ran at a somewhat slower pace. :cool:

A time when there was so much less to be concerned about. When you could leave your workspace and go home, and totally channel it all out. Though there were LOTS of files, often stacked as high as gravity would allow for. :eek:

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Alaric593, post: 871816, member: 29348"What is the point of the automatic message that I'm out on leave if no one is going to pay attention to it?[/QUOTE]
Because with email and voice mail the presence or absence of the recipient is irrelevant. And an instant response is expected, no matter where you are or what you are doing. Like Judge, I can remember using a shared mainframe computer. Oftentimes it was easier to use a calculator that the computer. And before that I used a slide rule.
When someone asks for my number (it is now assumed to be a cell) I tell them I am one of those perverted freaks without a cell phone or social media presence. I get some pretty good looks. When they ask how I can function without a cell phone, I say "Very peacefully and without stress, thank you."

Yes I am amazed by the volume of email we have to deal with at work. Though I do like email for work communication. But not 3723 emails. Sorry to hear you have so many. That's scary!

New Threads

Top Bottom